PDA

View Full Version : Help with keeping the application on top

SJD
29th October 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm using and loving the Toy.

One issue I have is that when I move off of it and look at a web page or something else I can't then simply click backto the ladder.

For example, from typingthis message I then have only one option in the task bar - Help & Useful Links- I have to click on that, click on the box in the top left of that page, click on restore, and then minimise all applications, web pages I have open before I can see the ladder and the task bar.

How can I get it so that I can just click on the windows task bar and see all that I have open in the geeks toy?

One note is that when I double click on the Toy icon on my desktop I have the window comes up asking me to run the application which seems a little strange.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

The Geek
29th October 2009, 12:13 PM
One issue I have is that when I move off of it and look at a web page or something else I can't then simply click backto the ladder.

From the Ladder Menu select "Show in Taskbar" & that should cure it.

One note is that when I double click on the Toy icon on my desktop I have the window comes up asking me to run the application which seems a little strange.

I have no idea. Part of the Vista nanny state perhaps?

SJD
29th October 2009, 12:18 PM
Yes, thanks for that I now have the particular ladder open on my taskbar.

I do still have the same issue in having to go through the route above to be able to see the taskbar with the market navigation etc on it.

Great tool by the way, I used it for the first race yesterday but it was so fast and lights flashing all over the place that I had to back off for a bit. Going back in today if I can get easy access to the taskbar.

SJD
29th October 2009, 12:19 PM
Yes, thanks for that I now have the particular ladder open on my taskbar.

I do still have the same issue in having to go through the route above to be able to see the taskbar with the market navigation etc on it.

Great tool by the way, I used it for the first race yesterday but it was so fast and lights flashing all over the place that I had to back off for a bit. Going back in today if I can get easy access to the taskbar.

I've also clicked on the show on taskbar for the main panel and that is now visible as well.

Problem sorted, many thanks

The Geek
29th October 2009, 12:20 PM
Use less ladders.

SJD
29th October 2009, 12:35 PM
All OK now.

Couple of other bits

Can I swith off the Price bar graph thingy?

SJD
29th October 2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry the other thing was regarding the ladder and quickly getting it centred.
I seem to click all over the sliding bar and not hit the spot where the action is.

Any quick way? Or what part of the sliding bar do I click?

Torrezno
29th October 2009, 12:47 PM
Hi SJD

Place your mouse on one of the ladders, right click mouse, select Options (there is two of them, you need the one with the Graph icon), then select Chart Width and choose zero. All ladders grapfh should dissapear then.

The Geek
29th October 2009, 12:49 PM
Sorry the other thing was regarding the ladder and quickly getting it centred.
I seem to click all over the sliding bar and not hit the spot where the action is.

Any quick way? Or what part of the sliding bar do I click?

You click the column with the prices in & it will centre the ladder.

SJD
29th October 2009, 03:33 PM
You click the column with the prices in & it will centre the ladder.

Beautiful, thank you

SJD
29th October 2009, 03:54 PM
Hi SJD

Place your mouse on one of the ladders, right click mouse, select Options (there is two of them, you need the one with the Graph icon), then select Chart Width and choose zero. All ladders grapfh should dissapear then.

Excellent worked a treat.