PDA

View Full Version : Why is The Toy free?

allgreen
28th October 2009, 06:25 PM
I downloaded The Toy yesterday and think you and your team have done a really good job!

It feels and looks a lot better than BT4. I got suckered into subscribing to them when they had their 1/2 price sale which was meant to end at the end of August but then seem to continue indefinitely!

One question I would like to ask is why are you giving it away for free? There seems to be quite a lot of work put into it. (Not that I'm complaining! :)).

The Geek
28th October 2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228&highlight=business

It was actually the July sale that was meant to end on the 1st of August, but lasted until servergate. Anyway have you ever known DFS or Dreams not to have a half price sale? Just sales tactics to get you to part with your money in the belief you are getting a bargain. :D

Keefter
28th October 2009, 06:31 PM

Have you ever known DFS not to have a half price sale? :D

Ends Monday apparently ;-)

allgreen
28th October 2009, 06:37 PM

It was actually the July sale that was meant to end on the 1st of August, but lasted until servergate. Anyway have you ever known DFS or Dreams not to have a half price sale? Just sales tactics to get you to part with your money in the belief you are getting a bargain. :D

Yep, and i fell for it as i think i ordered it on supposedly the last day of the sale. What a mug! :(

Sometimes DFS have a double discount sale. Those are the best.

The Geek
28th October 2009, 06:38 PM
That reminds me, for those of you who were affected by the downtime caused by the Betfair API issues, please click here to get your half price annual subscription to The Toy. (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/000-1208164903-sucker.gif)

ExtremelyCreamy
28th October 2009, 06:51 PM
I would like to know How is TT Free?, the cost of access to the Betfair API isn't cheap.

The Geek
28th October 2009, 06:57 PM
The cost of access to the Betfair API is the same whether it is for Personal use or as a Vendor. { 200 a month or 2000 per year. }

So it costs no more to let you lot use it as it would do to keep it to myself.

Although if TT being free bothers you that much & you are volunteering to pay my API fees for me, I'll send you my PayPal email. :eek:

weegie
31st October 2009, 04:53 PM
The cost of access to the Betfair API is the same whether it is for Personal use or as a Vendor. { 200 a month or 2000 per year. }

So it costs no more to let you lot use it as it would do to keep it to myself.

Although if TT being free bothers you that much & you are volunteering to pay my API fees for me, I'll send you my PayPal email. :eek:
hi t'geek,
it is not uncommon for forums/websites run by volunteers to have a system for voluntary contributions towards upkeep, its always an option.

The Geek
31st October 2009, 05:32 PM
People keep PM'ing me asking where they can donate. My aswer is this, if you want to donate, please donate your time.

The best way you can help is if you see a question / subjet that you know the answer to on the forums, then help in that way by providing the answer / participating in the discussion. My main goal here is to build the best communiy for Betfair traders, where they can learn & hang without being spammed with dubious products & services promising easy riches which are designed to do nothing other than line the pockets of those promoting them.

If you know how to do videos, do a video or 2 showing how you use TT, so others can learn from those.

The more you help each other, the less I have to answer questions on the forums which leaves me more time to focus on TT.

If you want to help other than that, spread the word, if you see a thread on a forum / website somewhere discussing Betfair software, spend a little time telling people about TT & the community. Please don't spam though, just contribute to discussions with the truth.

TheSurgeon
1st November 2009, 03:06 AM
This is the classic double bluff. 1.01 says that The Toy will soon be THE premium interface solution, with a highly geared 'profit maximization trail ensuring consistent ongoing residual values in a high net worth retail environment'.

Customer service standards will however inevitably suffer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25_jgiY51I&feature=related

Seen it all before.

(Somewhere):D

Thanks TG and keep it up.

lowrisklaytrader
5th November 2009, 02:59 PM
Hi
New to the forum only found it last night,downloaded the software and have to say am very impressed!!!
Obviously a lot of thought has gone into this tool .
I have used it today and its very user friendly,and still feeling my way around but first impressions are your o to a winner with this!
Some really nice touches with simple things like only hovering the mouse over to enable some features instead of having to click on them is one of the best touches ive seen in ages!
Congrats on the product and good luck with it!
It rivals any i have seen or used so far!
cheers
:D

Torrezno
5th November 2009, 03:34 PM
People keep PM'ing me asking where they can donate. My aswer is this, if you want to donate, please donate your time.

The best way you can help is if you see a question / subjet that you know the answer to on the forums, then help in that way by providing the answer / participating in the discussion.

OK, will do that, but If you ever como to Madrid Spain, you are granted some free beers at my expense;)