PDA

View Full Version : Login window location....issue...

rockaren
26th October 2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Mr Geek,

From the first time i used The Toy i had issue with login window. Every time i start software login windows was placed offscreen.....invisible. I found a way to move it manually so it become visible and I could login. Issue i had from Beta 1, Beta 1a and Beta 1b. It was annoying so I tried to find some settings to change it and found in ApplicationOptions.xml some strange settings...

HelpScreenLocation was set to X= -32000 and Y= -32000. I changed it and now seems to be OK.

I hope you understand what i am talking about and please let me know if i could done it other way. Not sure about changes i did but for now my login window is visible from the start ;)

regards

The Geek
26th October 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi I will check this out next time it happens to me.

In the meantime, I believe this is the workaround.

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122

rockaren
26th October 2009, 02:14 PM
Hi I will check this out next time it happens to me.

In the meantime, I believe this is the workaround.

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122

Yes,

It was what i did before i changed settings in xml file. Right now everything seems to work OK, I set X to 100 and Y to 10.
I just play with settings i am not sure about so please tell me if i am doing something stupid LOL

rockaren
26th October 2009, 06:01 PM
Ohhh well....forget about it. Just found after i closed The Toy and restarted, login window is off screen again. Checked settings in xml file and found Toy changed location back to X = -32000 and Y to -32000 as well.

I guess we have to play with arrow keys and move window manually.

If you dont want to play with arrow keys you could just select Maximize from the menu.

rockaren
30th October 2009, 05:28 PM
Now i found that if my "Help and Useful links " window is MINIMIZED while i close The Toy application = next time i start TT, login window is invisible/offscreen.

But, if my "Help and Useful links " window is NOT MINIMIZED while i close The Toy application = next time i start TT, login window is visible and no issues at all.....

So next time try do it this way and let me know if it works for you. Hope you understand what i am trying to say ;)

PFY
31st October 2009, 01:24 AM
It is designed to remember how you had your windows arranged from one session to the next, which ties in with your explanation.