PDA

View Full Version : Importing Settings

Lewy
25th October 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered so apologies if it has. I want to download the toy on to my old mans computer so i can trade whilst watching the Liverpool match this afternoon and was wondering if there is a way i can transfer my current layout to his computer as i cant be bothered to faff around changing everything for the sake of one afternoon :)

Any help or info appreciated.

The Geek
25th October 2009, 12:07 PM
If you select the "Resources" folder in the following directory on your machine and copy it, then paste it into the same directory on the new machine selecting "Yes to all" when asked if you want to overwrite things, everything gets moved accross.

C:\Program Files\The Geek\A Geeks Toy\

2 caveats.

1. As long as you havent changed the sounds from the defaults. { IE so they point somewhere else on your machine. If they do, point them back again. }
2. If you have a bigger monitor resoltuion on your box than they do on theirs, make sure things are not located "off scrren" on the new box before you copy.

Make Sense?

Lewy
25th October 2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, makes sense. Thanks very much.

Anonymous
24th December 2009, 03:21 PM
This is what I basically want to do in my other thread posted in the help section of the forum called: 'Where are Settings and Custom Colours Stored?'

Doing what is described in this thread no longer works - any ideas?

Mike_IG
24th December 2009, 07:56 PM
This is what I basically want to do in my other thread posted in the help section of the forum called: 'Where are Settings and Custom Colours Stored?'

Doing what is described in this thread no longer works - any ideas?

Hopefully this is now answered for you on your thread

misteraitch
18th February 2010, 08:39 PM
sorry to drag up an old thread but if i want to do a clean reinstall of TT and i back up and save the resources folder, i can paste it back again and keep my old setup?

Anonymous
18th February 2010, 09:27 PM
Yes you should be able to - I copy my settings to my desktop when I have done it in the past.