PDA

View Full Version : Bank %

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 12:59 PM
maybe a feature that instead of having the back and lay stake of say 100% of your bank, it divides your bank by the lay side so effectively your using your whole bank, but you can back and lay for the same stake . . . .

The Geek
3rd September 2009, 01:04 PM
Switch from "Stake" to "Liability" staking mode & I believe it does just what you want.

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 01:33 PM
thanks mate

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 01:35 PM
that backs and lays different amounts, is there a way of having them both the same ?

The Geek
3rd September 2009, 01:51 PM
No, as Liability is calculated on the price you place the bet at. If you want the same amount as a counter bet, use NET.

Liability mode takes a bit of getting used to. In normal staking mode your profit (or loss) from the trade is on the selection itself.

In Liability mode, your profit (or loss) from the trade is equalised accross all the other selections. { It's actually better, as you are almost hedged.}

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 02:42 PM
so if i lay a horse at a liability set at 500, and then back it one tick higher, it will basically hedge the profit ? What if i was to back itsay 20 - 30 ticks for when i'm trading in running same thing ?

Thanks alot

The Geek
3rd September 2009, 04:39 PM
so if i lay a horse at a liability set at 500, and then back it one tick higher, it will basically hedge the profit ? What if i was to back itsay 20 - 30 ticks for when i'm trading in running same thing ?

Thanks alot

Not quite hedged. Zero effect on the selection your trading, P&L is Equalised on all the others. { Try it with a 20 liability & see.}

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 04:51 PM
yerp tried it, works ok for me thanks geek