PDA

View Full Version : A Quicky

Bowler
24th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Hi

Downloaded The Toy yesterday, and trying to shape it to my liking today - like what I see so far

Dumbass question though, am I likely to be liable for data charges from BF for running this?

TIA

Timstertoo
24th October 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi

Downloaded The Toy yesterday, and trying to shape it to my liking today - like what I see so far

Dumbass question though, am I likely to be liable for data charges from BF for running this?

TIA

As long as you only run the Toy you should be fine.

If you open it a couple of times (why you would want to do that with the Toy I have no clue) or run it in conjunctions with other programs like BetDevil you could get in trouble.

I've also once read of someone who got a data charge email from Betfair and it turned out he used BTP together with using the Betfair website itself a lot for the purpose of betting. So you might want to take that into consideration too.

You can open as much markets in the Toy as your computer/you can handle, the Toy will make sure that it won't exceed the data requests. This will of course slow down the seperate markets. I'm starting to notice it bigtime if I have more then 5/6 markets open.

Bowler
24th October 2009, 01:32 PM
Excellent - thanks for the quick reply. Appreciated

Timstertoo
24th October 2009, 01:33 PM
I just read this thread:

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393

it comments on using the Toy and Betfair in conjunction so I might be wrong with my earlier statement.

I'd still say watch out with having several Betfair windows open too unless Geek says I'm wrong.

Bowler
24th October 2009, 02:16 PM
OOps, i checked the forum before i posted the question, and the answer was two threads away :rolleyes: