PDA

View Full Version : the way money is displayed on the ladder

neeeel
24th October 2009, 12:59 PM
I have noticed that, on the ladder, sometimes there are amounts on the back and on the lay side at the same odds, so for example

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/595/ladderzt.jpg

at 5.8 there is 36 on one side, and 52 on the other. I am guessing that this is showing that there is 36 waiting to be backed, and that someone( or more than one) have backed for a total of 52, just wanted to check and make sure that I am reading it right. If this is the way it is, then it is quite useful as u can see how much money is coming in. On my usual application, u dont see that, money just disappears from the other side of the book

The Geek
24th October 2009, 01:06 PM
The amount in white is the Last Traded amount. IE 52 has traded since the last price call was made.

In the pic, it shows against 5.8 as that was the last traded price.

Howvevr, some of the 52 could have traded @ 5.9 if that makes sense.

You can switch this off via the options or display it elsewhere if it is distracting you though.

Ladder Menu -> Options Visual -> Last Traded Amount.

beanie
24th October 2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Geek,
when i launch the Toy from my desktop all appears ok, i log in ok and then get the loading application data window.........but then i'm left with the 'Help and Useful links window',.......but no "Toy"

Thanks

The Geek
24th October 2009, 01:12 PM
How many monitors are you using?

beanie
24th October 2009, 01:18 PM
Hi,
Not sure if the question was aimed at 'start up problem', or not.........apologies if it wasn't but if it was im running just the one.

The Geek
24th October 2009, 01:27 PM
Is this the first time you have used it, or have you used it before?

beanie
24th October 2009, 01:28 PM
Have used it for a couple of days with no problems.

neeeel
24th October 2009, 01:44 PM
so in my example the 52 has already been taken , and the amount on the other side in the previous call would have been 88( assuming it was all matched at 5.8)?

thanks

The Geek
24th October 2009, 01:55 PM
Yes. Spot on. :)