PDA

View Full Version : Market depth

Knight Rider
3rd September 2009, 12:13 PM
Is it possible to turn this off on the toy, this feature slightly confuses my pre race trading concentration but could be quite useful for more static markets like football:cool:

The Geek
3rd September 2009, 12:17 PM
Yes. From the ladder visual options menu, change "Price Display" to standard. { NB Even if in standard, if you show either the SP window or traded & available window, full depth will still show.}

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 12:19 PM
i find that myself so i turned it off.

Right click on the ladder

Options

Price display

Standard

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 12:19 PM
beat me to it geek ;)

Knight Rider
3rd September 2009, 12:25 PM
Cheers , well overated feature imo.

jimrobo
3rd September 2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know how anyone trades without it! one of the most important features of the toy!

The Geek
3rd September 2009, 12:33 PM
I don't know how anyone trades without it! one of the most important features of the toy!

I wouldn't have been, but I couldn't get the built in teasmaid working. :D

Scumbag trader
3rd September 2009, 12:37 PM
well, on the first full day i used the toy, i had market depth on and i was struggling big time. It's very usefull for in running imo

Knight Rider
3rd September 2009, 01:11 PM
well, on the first full day i used the toy, i had market depth on and i was struggling big time. It's very usefull for in running imo

Put up a pic of your app Scumbag, i've started a thread ......be interested to see your inplay screen

jimrobo
3rd September 2009, 01:46 PM

if it was the first day you had it then yes I imagine it would have been distracting but give it a few days when you get used to it you'll wonder how you ever used an app without it

Knight Rider
3rd September 2009, 02:03 PM
if it was the first day you had it then yes I imagine it would have been distracting but give it a few days when you get used to it you'll wonder how you ever used an app without it

I have tried market depth on a rival product before, an hour of it was enough for me. Plenty have made money before market depth was brought in and plenty more will make money not using it now it is here..........like me:D

Leonthefixer
3rd September 2009, 02:13 PM
I find it gives me a full picture of what is happening in the market - yes I used to make money without it but with it it allows me to make a lot more.

As Jimrobo said - it took a while to get used to it but now if I go to just the 3 prices it is like trading with one eye closed and one hand tied behind my back.

jimrobo
3rd September 2009, 02:14 PM
yes thats my point you will need a lot more than 1 hour using it to get used to it! Trust me there are very very few professionals that do not use full market depth

Knight Rider
3rd September 2009, 02:23 PM
yes thats my point you will need a lot more than 1 hour using it to get used to it! Trust me there are very very few professionals that do not use full market depth

Comes down to individual strategy, if it works for you then great. For me it hampers my trading.........personal preference again.........still as long as the option is there to turn on/off everyones appy

jimrobo
3rd September 2009, 02:25 PM
ok thats fair enough. If you are an experienced professional then I guess you already know what set up is best for you

genozzolo
5th September 2009, 11:41 AM

Yes so few softwares got it.

IT changes your way of trading, you clearly see if there's a wall of money behind or not, ofc sometimes its fake, but its always good information.

Yes there was also Bet Devil, but way too expensive for a software