PDA

View Full Version : The Toy's history

Jasper
8th October 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone
Came across The Toy whilst reading a blog somewhere, cant remember which one.
However, just wondered if i could be given a bit of history about the Toy, ie who made it (the geek?) when, how long has it been used for etc.
Also is there a manual i could read to get to grips with some of its tools before it goes back into action.

I have used betfair software before and found that very good, also BT pro a bit, wasnt too impressed with that, had a habit of freezing. Did give Nicko a try on Friday before it went down, that seemed good but didnt get much of a go

The toy seems very interesting and i would like to give it a go when its back running again. I understand there is a bit of a feud going on between the toy and Evo, dont really know the in's and outs, but after reading posts on both forums i have to say this place seems to be friendly and a happier place than over there.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Jasper

hendry
8th October 2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Jasper,

You can find some answers there:

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228

Unfortunately, some of the links inside theses pages are broke.

Of course i think The Geeks will have pleasure to answer to your questions.

PFY
8th October 2009, 05:05 PM
In short, yes The Geek made it. I'm sure the threads Hendry linked to will give more details.

Check out the videos forum for links to see some of its features, particularly the ability to customise it to suit your own tastes.

Jasper
8th October 2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks hendry and PFY for your replies, i thought the geek probably made it due to the name of this site, but also thought it was possible he had it built for him to his specifications. Now i know he is a genius geek.
I have watched the videos, looks great, cant wait to see it in the flesh as it were. Was just hoping there was somekind of pdf manual or help file that could be downloaded and pawed over so i could see all that it does and how its done.
Oh well, will just have to wait till its up and running again and get stuck in then. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

hendry
8th October 2009, 05:46 PM
I have uploaded on megaupload the content of the toy's help folder containing pdf file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZG607QU

Hope it doesnt hurt any copyrights! If so, please delete my post.

The Geek
8th October 2009, 06:11 PM
That's fine. It's all in the public domain now so not a problem.

In fact you just saved me a job, so thanks.

Jasper
8th October 2009, 06:35 PM
Thats great hendry, thanks very much. Now that's tonight's bedtime reading sorted.

Nimrod
11th October 2009, 06:57 PM
Hi to all members.

I'm new on the forum and have enjoyed watching the videos of The Toy. The accent on user friendliness and personal customisation is very impressive, and the testimonials from other forum members has me itching to give it a try.

In the meantime, I just wanted to thank Hendry's link for making the user manual available.

Best Regards to all members,
Nimrod