PDA

View Full Version : Staking between grid/ladder

Temujin
2nd October 2009, 05:12 AM
Ok, so I have been through a lot of the forum, but haven't found yet the help I am looking for. Alot of options, in alot of places, so pretty hard to get acquainted quickly with the options.

Unlike alot of you, I have alot of different things going on in a day. I like to arb trade, scalp, and bet in running. As a result, I need a much more complex layout than most.

What I have, is single ladder up, to trade with. Purely due to space issues. Next to it, I have the grid up.
On the ladder, is my trading. I will scalp that selection using liability staking. From the grid, is where I put my manual bets on from. As a result, I need this to use a stake option, not liability. If I want 500 on, I want 500 on.

So. What I wish to know, is if I can do this and how do I go about setting it up? I currently have different staking between grid and ladder, but it is set on liability staking by default?

Also, I have heard people talking about in play set up. Is it possible to have those 2 different stakings pre race, and then have a new auto setup happen on in play?
If I am not clear:
Scalp. Liability staking on the ladder, typically to 2000.
Grid. Arb trading, need stake of my choice, stake total, not liability.
In play. Like to throw small stakes around, like 100-300 dollars, just a stake, not a liability, all done from the ladder.

Can this be done?

Preferably, I would be able to just change stakings on the ladder, since I have just found that I can click on the name in the grid to get that selection up on my ladder. I much prefer placing bets on the ladder, as it shows you the prices happening without taking your focus to another area of bet placement where you can't see what is happening with the prices.

Must say, I can get the job done now, but for efficiency reasons, I am asking for a little help on if I need to get comfortable with this, or if there is a way to set it up how I would like.
The in play isn't that important, have enough time to change things around before I need to bet anyway, but the other is very important to me.

The Geek
2nd October 2009, 06:47 AM
OK Firstly Pre-Off vs In-Play profiles.

1. Set things exactly the way you want them for a particular task.
2. From the main info bar menu, select "Save Current Profile As..." then "New Profile", then click on the "Profile 1" text box, name it what you want {IE Pre-off, In-Play whatever.}. Press enter & the profile will save.
3. Repeat for each layout you want.

Then, to switch from 1 to the other, from the main info bar menu, select "Load Custom Profile" & select the profile you require.

The Geek
2nd October 2009, 07:01 AM
Basicly, the default staking works like this.

1. Whenever you open a ladder, the default back staking & staking type is set for each runner in the ladder. However, you can then change either of these options as you choose.

2. The default staking on the grid works like this.

A. With no "In Grid Staking" any bet placed on the grid is done based upon the stake & staking type of the default staking.

B With "In Grid Staking", any bet uses the stake from the grid which you can change to suit, & the staking type from default staking.

{ NB In-grid staking can be found in the Advanced betting menu on the grid. }

From what I think you are saying, I have done a layout below.

http://GeeksToy.com/ForumPics/Example.png

Temujin
2nd October 2009, 07:12 AM
Cheers. I figured that would be the way I would go about it, just had a different feel of what others were doing, but I guess I just misread it.

As for my original question, I think I have it nearly sorted out. The main reason I asked was because the bet placement was throwing me because it wasn't happening on the ladder, and I have now figured out the ease of changing ladder selection from the grid by clicking on the names. Then after a couple of clicks can set up the stake inbetween putting other bets on elsewhere. To be honest, I think any way of going about it would be just as tedious (the same level of tedious, not saying it is tedious?).
Been using it all of today now, and I am now getting used to the change of processes and visual change, so feeling alot more comfortable with it.

There are a couple of other things I will bring up soon, that will probably be more relevant, as opposed to this post was just bought about by unfamiliarity with the program, but I don't wish to seem too negative too early, especially since I feel this program will become my sole trading/betting platform, if it hasn't already.

Screw it. I will bring it up now anyway.
I love the custom setup where you can put basically anything you want, wherever you want and it comes up in the same spot every time you open a market, or the program.
But. At the moment, I just have random windows on my screen. Well, not random, but there is no continuity to it from an outside perspective.

My query, would be this. With the main windwo,, where all windows start out, except the grid/ladder, everything has its order. It is continual. Each window grows, and as a result, other windows are moved. Their position, is based on the end of the previous window.
Outside of that main window, they others are basically standalone windows. All linked through programming obviously, but there position is all based on screen position. If one grows, the other windows are not effected.

Is there a way to base these outside windows positioning based on the windows changing around them to provide a continual theme?
If I am not clear, what I mean is. Now, I have a single ladder set up. Right next to it, I have the grid. Under the grid, I have the matched bets, and unmatched bets.
All, are independant of each other, and will grow on their own.
If, I then wanted to expand the ladder to 2 ladders, it will simply overlap any other window that is positioned in the growing windows way, as opposed to moving aside for it.
I guess the question, is can you dock windows to other windows as opposed to just inside the main window, vertically?

Really isn't a big issue, but thought I would put it out there and see what comes back.

The Geek
2nd October 2009, 07:23 AM
Not at the moment. When I go live with the official release, I will open up the suggestions category, and the real fun will begin.

But for now, everyone will just have to suffer it the way it is. :eek:

At the moment, you can set the "Maximum height" of all the floating windows using the size grip in the bottom right hand corner.

So in essence you could put your matched & unmatced bets above the grid, & if there are more bets than the maximum height, the window automatically adds a scroll bar if required.

Temujin
2nd October 2009, 07:23 AM
Basicly, the default staking works like this.

1. Whenever you open a ladder, the default back staking & staking type is set for each runner in the ladder. However, you can then change either of these options as you choose.

2. The default staking on the grid works like this.

A. With no "In Grid Staking" any bet placed on the grid is done based upon the stake & staking type of the default staking.

B With "In Grid Staking", any bet uses the stake from the grid which you can change to suit, & the staking type from default staking.

{ NB In-grid staking can be found in the Advanced betting menu on the grid. }

From what I think you are saying, I have done a layout below.

Ok, thanks for that. I get what you are saying and how to go about it. I think that for my purposes doing it either way will take about the same amount of time for me to do.
Basically, the staking and tools if you refresh them, will set all staking to that as default, so will have to change something, whether it is the ladder, or the grid, after setting the default.
I think I am sorted though. Can just change the stake and type in the ladder, and do all bet placement from the ladder, as that is easier for me for the task I wish to undertake.

Temujin
2nd October 2009, 07:29 AM
Not at the moment. When I go live with the official release, I will open up the suggestions category, and the real fun will begin.

But for now, everyone will just have to suffer it the way it is. :eek:

At the moment, you can set the "Maximum height" of all the floating windows using the size grip in the bottom right hand corner.

So in essence you could put your matched & unmatced bets above the grid, & if there are more bets than the maximum height, the window automatically adds a scroll bar if required.

Not at all suffering, believe me. Just get excited when I get my hands on something new, and my brain goes into overdrive thinking about what could be done to make it better for me. :)
Pretty happy with what I have in front of me right now, so all is good.