PDA

View Full Version : Hedge help please

spanner
1st October 2009, 01:14 PM
Greetings. I am a BetTraderPro refugee trying to get my head around this wonderful Toy. I am currently concentrating on the Grid interface and am unsure of how to utilise the Hedge option (after backing or laying). Any advice would be most welcome.

Steve
1st October 2009, 01:27 PM
Hi.

Have you had a look in the help section, if gives you a good description of the hedge function in the grid interface. If it's not open when you start up the toy - click any (?) question mark to open the help & useful links page then along the top left, click the 'Getting Started' drop down box and choose 'control help'. Then in the right hand drop down box choose 'Grid Interface' and scroll down a bit to see an in depth explanation of hedging using that interface.

Apologies if you know this already.

Good Luck.

spanner
1st October 2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks Steve. I have been poking around the help section quite a bit, but I obviously need help reading the help. Will now take another look.

Steve
1st October 2009, 01:39 PM
A pleasure mate.

Support Team
1st October 2009, 02:04 PM
You can also hedge the market using the Market & Api Status window. You will see the amount you can hedge the field for appears when you have an open position.

spanner
1st October 2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, it's all there just like you said. :o

OMG, the more I learn about this great application, the more I love it. Thank you so much Mr Geek. :cool:

Support Team
1st October 2009, 02:08 PM
There is a learning curve with the application as basically everything can be made to suit the user and then saved in different layouts. For example you may like one layout for horses, one for football, one for dogs, one for cricket etc etc.

So it is worth spending some time going through all the options and learning about them and making the application do what you want and look how you want.

spanner
1st October 2009, 02:15 PM
Excellent. Thanks.