PDA

View Full Version : Bets taking too long to appear for Non UK customers

ThePirate
5th February 2010, 10:49 PM
Assuming the API is good, sometimes these issues happen:

1. I place a bet, a message saying "Bet is being placed" or something like that and only after 2-3 seconds the bet is shown
2. I place a bet, no message appears but only some seconds after I click the bet is shown.
3. And less often, I place a bet, a message saying "Bet is being placed" or something like that, but no bet is placed.

This issues don't happen that often. They happen both pre-live and live (in this case, after the normal delay). For live trading this is very important. Today in my last race I lost 26€ because of issue #2 :( And the bet was matched when I clicked and not when appeared in my screen.

The Geek
5th February 2010, 10:51 PM
Assuming the API is good, sometimes these issues happen:

1. I place a bet, a message saying "Bet is being placed" or something like that and only after 2-3 seconds the bet is shown
2. I place a bet, no message appears but only some seconds after I click the bet is shown.
3. And less often, I place a bet, a message saying "Bet is being placed" or something like that, but no bet is placed.

This issues don't happen that often. They happen both pre-live and live (in this case, after the normal delay). For live trading this is very important. Today in my last race I lost 26€ because of issue #2 :( And the bet was matched when I clicked and not when appeared in my screen.

BET_IN_PROGRESS & everything else you are describing suggest to me API issues afoot. How long has this been happening to you?

ThePirate
5th February 2010, 11:07 PM
Since always i think, but not very often. Nevertheless it looks like it happens more than when I was using Betdevil, but I'm not sure, because now I'm trading live so I might be more concerned about this issue than before.

Yeah might be API issue :)

Torrezno
6th February 2010, 07:20 AM
Yesterday evening trading soccer I had some Bet in Progress notices, not too many of them.

The Joker
6th February 2010, 09:31 AM
I think its a safe bet that any issues with regards API software can be placed firmly at BF door, be careful this weekend as we all know BF don't do weekends and recent issues are sure to crop up again!?? :confused::rolleyes:

Crazeewon
6th February 2010, 09:53 AM
What do these messages look like and where do they appear?
Can't say I've ever seen one.
Have you checked the response time of the last API call at these times?
Perhaps it would be a good idea if there was an audible warning when the calls are lagging!

rikardoGoulart
9th February 2010, 08:29 AM
That has happened to me with other bots also!

The Geek
9th February 2010, 09:06 AM
I'm curious to know for each poster on this thread which country you are in?

Also for those affected...

1. Does this happen all the time, or is it intermittent?
2. How long has this been happening?

nigelbleddfa
9th February 2010, 09:17 AM
In South Wales, UK, never seen such an error message.

Torrezno
9th February 2010, 09:17 AM
Spain, and its not a frequent issue.

rjmcgee
9th February 2010, 01:13 PM

Been happening to me for the last several days, maybe once every 50-100 trades or so?

I'm non-UK also, probably another Malta issue.

Crazeewon
10th February 2010, 09:28 AM
Derbyshire, England. Never seen one!

ThePirate
15th February 2010, 03:44 PM
Lisbon, Portugal.

Today already happened me 2 or 3 times @ Live horses trading.

"Bet in Progress" message appeared, and only 4-5 seconds after the ladder P&L is updated. Happily for me, I've benefited from it :)

jibiko
15th February 2010, 04:10 PM

1. not all the time, rarely in soccer markets, never in tennis ...so far
2. since start of new year

connected to Malta

ThePirate
16th February 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm trading pre-live today and "bet in progress" is happening to me a lot :(

jibiko
16th February 2010, 03:30 PM
I trade only the 3rd set tennis in-play, Martinez-Li (3 mil euro in),

and "bet in progress" was happening to me a lot too. :(

5 min ago finished (trade lasted 45 min, I think)

jibiko
16th February 2010, 06:28 PM
"bet in progress" was happening again the end of 1st set tennis match,
Hantuchova vs Dementieva, 15 min ago.

it was at a time when big money was hitting da market,
i think it has to do with betfair api too.

the same kind of thing, when big money are hit the market the same time and "bet in progress windows appearance", is spotted in soccer in-play also.

I think most of the time (80%) that I encountered the "bet in progress" window was when big money are hitting the market at the same time.

I realised after 7-10 windows of this type that your bet is taken although,
just it is delayed for you to see (something 5-10 seconds after the original match of bet).
But in my case 9/10 times the bet is matched, no need to resubmit the bet.
I strongly believe that this has to do with a bloated from big hitting at the same time money api.
Another great upgrade of Betfair.

ThePirate
17th February 2010, 09:31 PM
also...
Sometimes Bet in progress message appears but no bet is placed in the market...it's kinda annoying cause you never know if your bet was submitted or not...

leosoldtimer
18th February 2010, 02:01 AM
ontario, canada and the "bet in progress" was showing up quiet often and it would never was placed, tried greening out a few times and that never happened also but it did show on Betsh*t web site

Torrezno
18th February 2010, 08:22 AM
Yesrterday again on the Bayern Firentina and Porto Arsenal.

Also I've noticed than whenever a goal is scored and all bets are cancelled and submitted The Toy takes its time to show again all bets (i.e. on the upper last odds crossed is flashing at the new value, but you cannot see the new placed bets, with some seconds later reappear from nowhere). I need to test it out again on a proper Windows machine, as my virtualized Windows on a Mac could be a reason for it.

ThePirate
18th February 2010, 01:44 PM
lost 5€ in the last race due to this issue...

I don't want to return to betdevil again...

rjmcgee
18th February 2010, 03:25 PM
This has been happening a lot today... I won't dare go anywhere near the horse markets with this going on

acg
18th February 2010, 07:41 PM
happening alot for me to today and yesterday a bit less..but today sometime delay is 1-2 seconds and every race is bet in progres..im from bucharest,Romania

i trade on greyhounds and from what i saw morning session is working fast 11:00-1400( sometime i get bet in progress but not so often)
afternoon session is a bit slower and more bet in progress 14:00-18:20
evening session is crazy often i wait few seconds till i place a bet ( maybe are to many peoples @ )

acg
19th February 2010, 04:58 PM
exactly at this hour api is starting to be very slow and i get alot of bet in progres..at least on greyhounds at what i trade

malapija
20th February 2010, 03:57 PM
it has been happening a lot lately - for example today every third or fourth bet ended up with "bet in progress" message. i'm from the czech republic.

rjmcgee
20th February 2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, it's madness today... I'm getting the "Bet in progress" pop-up in about 25% of my trades.

The worst part is, you never know what's happening to the bet... sometimes it doesn't go through at all, sometimes it does, sometimes it does but 5-10 seconds later. Has cost me a lot of money this week.

The Geek
20th February 2010, 04:45 PM
There is obviously some issue at Betfair's end that is causing this problem for Non-UK users. I have emailed bdp for an answer & will post it up here when I get it on Monday.

The Geek
22nd February 2010, 03:08 PM
I have had a response from Betfair on this issue. The answer for you all to see is....

We've had a number of similar reports from international customers recently and our technical teams have now identified the root cause of this issue and are now looking to schedule the fix as soon as possible this week.

Unfortunately we don’t yet have a release date – we will update you with further information on this as soon as we receive confirmation.

The Geek
5th March 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Everyone

The latest update from Betfair is...

"We have made some initial inroads into resolving the international bets problem but the technology teams are looking to implement additional changes in the near future to improve performance further.

Are your customers reporting any improvement so far?"

I have provided them with a link to this thread, so can anyone who was experiencing this issue please feedback on this thread their current status. { IE Is it better, cured still the same, or worse. }

Thanks

TG

tomas.tomass
5th March 2010, 04:04 PM
today better, we will see later...

ThePirate
5th March 2010, 09:05 PM
For me, "Bet in Progress" message is not appearing anymore, but API looks slower than before...

jibiko
6th March 2010, 11:58 AM
The latest update from Betfair is...
Are your customers reporting any improvement so far?"

http://i48.tinypic.com/omtjb.jpg

You like this very much in Betfair, don't ya, you $$$@@@. :mad:

p.s. to betfair tech team

"Bet In Progress" not appearing da last days.
API steady and fast.
Connected to Malta.

Keep up da good work.
Please remember, don't be like your bosses. :)

rjmcgee
6th March 2010, 01:34 PM
I had "Bet in Progress" show up occasionally on Thursday (at one point it was really bad, 1 in 3 trades or so, but the rest of the day it was <5%), only a handful of times on Friday. Not trading today, so can't comment.

Overall it seems to occur less than before, but the issue still exists... at least it did as of yesterday.

Thanks for the update btw.

jibiko
6th March 2010, 04:24 PM
... p.s. to betfair tech team - API steady and fast...

not so steady today - one second delays every now and then.
Tested two times:
a) around 14:00-14:30 in tennis and
b) around 16:00 UK time on UK horse racing.
Connected to Malta.

p.s. Please inform da marketing gurus that TT is free.
So we are users, not customers.

rockaren
6th March 2010, 04:56 PM
So far today while trading horses I got 10-15 bet in progress errors.

Kelso 3.35 race was the worst one. I had to check Betfair's web interface but even there in my web browser I could not see my current position in the market. I could see bets matched in My Bets tab but P&L not updated, showing 0. It took about 2 mins, it was Ok later.

Some screenshots with my errors...look at my £222 lay bet @1.60 still there while horse trading at 1.58

http://i49.tinypic.com/23wpv80.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/20z1kqx.jpg

ThePirate
6th March 2010, 11:25 PM
Today, "Bet in Progress" a lot, while in-play trading. And sometimes without "Bet In Progress", my p&l took ages to refresh. Very dangerous for in-play trading!

jibiko
7th March 2010, 12:27 AM
night semifinal in tennis (Cibu vs Nantu) was working ok all da game long.

Godot
13th March 2010, 02:43 PM
I'm having similar problems to Rockarren today.I Lost a crap load of money. Even when I hopped over to the Betfair web interface to see what was going on my bets were no where to be seen -- but when the race finished my bank was depleted (I couldn't determine if I should off-set my lays as they weren't showing up as having been taken). Ugh!

Located in Canada.

Ska
13th March 2010, 03:31 PM
today API is really bad... they fix on one side.. and wrong on other side.. thepirate? lisbon? close to me :P lol

1/4 of a millionaire fund
13th March 2010, 03:35 PM
Seems to be international customers going via Malta that are affected, API is working fine for me in the UK.

Temujin
13th March 2010, 03:41 PM
Betfair Customer Services 14 Mar 01:37

We are currently experiencing issues with the bets being viewed by some of our international customers.

The problems are being investigated as a matter of the highest priority.

Please accept our apologies if you are affected.

Untradeable, unbettable, yet I am still here having a go.... :)

ThePirate
13th March 2010, 08:05 PM
In my top ten of people and entities that apologize me for anything, Betfair is in first place, miles away from the second place.

When API wasn't good during weekends I thought Peewee was paying Betfair, to make people buy Betdevil and his Non-API mode.
Now with all this problems for international customers, I think Peewee is paying Betfair, to make international people buy his crappy VPN :D

Temujin
13th March 2010, 10:20 PM
Well, if there is one bad thing I could say about the Toy, it is that it runs really crap on my VPS. Not to suggest it is the fault of the program, may just need to upgrade the specs of my VPS.... :)

Point though, is that I believe it is right that International customers will go through Malta depending only on their residing address, not their IP address. If UK customers were not affected last night, then I can confirm that the problems I was having were still there when I checked the markets using my VPS.

Neo
14th March 2010, 05:10 AM
Well, if there is one bad thing I could say about the Toy, it is that it runs really crap on my VPS. Not to suggest it is the fault of the program, may just need to upgrade the specs of my VPS.... :)

Point though, is that I believe it is right that International customers will go through Malta depending only on their residing address, not their IP address. If UK customers were not affected last night, then I can confirm that the problems I was having were still there when I checked the markets using my VPS.

I think it may be your VPS mate. Im in Brazil going through a VPS with the toy and it works great...