PDA

View Full Version : Two Geek instances

ThePirate
2nd February 2010, 06:55 PM
Sorry if was answered, couldn't find them on the forum.

If I login twice with two different usernames that belong to 2 different persons I might be data charged?
And what if I never have a market open on both accounts, even if they are both logged in?

Ty :)

The Joker
2nd February 2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry if was answered, couldn't find them on the forum.

If I login twice with two different usernames that belong to 2 different persons I might be data charged?
And what if I never have a market open on both accounts, even if they are both logged in?

Ty :)

Hmmm difficult one ! two accounts with two different user names you might get away with even on the same ISP but might be dodgy! 2 differnet ISP's and your laughing! aslong as the accounts are in different names i.e. different people you should be ok! if there are no markets open then there are no API requests for prices etc. so you should be ok! anyone else can add or set me straight feel free...

To be safe I'd login from 2 different PC's i.e. different IP addresses actually I think you'd be fooked and warned if you logged in from both on the same PC even with 2 different ISP's! as BF most Certainly Log and compare IP addressess

Shergar

rockaren
3rd February 2010, 12:17 AM
I never had any problems when using 2 BF accounts at the same time with same IP address...

But i was warned about data charges and now doing this very carefully :)

The Geek
3rd February 2010, 06:15 AM
Betfair tend to tie accounts so you need to be careful. Turn down your Prices refresh to 250ms, and your Bets refresh to 333ms, and set your Max Weighted Calls per second to 9 in the API Setting Managerr.

Also I would advise against running 2 instances of TT on the same machine. Technically it is possible, however they run off of the same settings files so all the windows will come up in the same place, and the last instance to close will be where the windows appear next time. so you may get a little confused.

genozzolo
3rd February 2010, 08:12 AM
if we are in lan and we use 3 accounts from 3 diff users on 3 diff pc, but ofc everyone come out with same ip, betfair could make any trouble for anything ?

jibiko
3rd February 2010, 09:05 PM
Also I would advise against running 2 instances of TT on the same machine. Technically it is possible, however they run off of the same settings files so all the windows will come up in the same place, and the last instance to close will be where the windows appear next time. so you may get a little confused.

this can be no problem if you run the two TT in different desktops.

for different desktops:
- in linux is physical to do this.
- in window$ can be done using dexpot (free software) or other different window managers.

The Joker
3rd February 2010, 09:23 PM
if we are in lan and we use 3 accounts from 3 diff users on 3 diff pc, but ofc everyone come out with same ip, betfair could make any trouble for anything ?

Doubtful no different from trading fom a shop! the gateway would be the same as would tge ISP service Id and modem mac address! But your pc will all have different ip addresses with diff mac addresses....