PDA

View Full Version : Betfair API Down Again!

The Geek
1st February 2010, 09:10 AM
Well it looks like another day of up and down service, and the API is currently down at time of writing.

So the only thing left to look forward to today is another bout of Peewee clucking on about mode 1.

Day off methinks.

ron
1st February 2010, 09:18 AM
thankfully i am at work today, got caught yesterday with -72 was -300 but i had take sp on, which it did ehen it turned only at lower odds, i then traded out manually via Betfairs grid for a loss of 9.76, the selection actually won too, that ended my days trading.

nigelbleddfa
1st February 2010, 10:08 AM
I managed to get stuffed quite nicely as the API went down in the last quarter of the Juventus game. Prices tend to remain stable forabout 10 minutes between the 70 - 80 minute mark and then plunge in both Spanish and Italian games as punters fail to make up their minds as to what is going to happen. I failed to notice that the API was down as the clock was still ticking away steadily. When it dawned on me that the stable period had dragged on for longer than usual it was too late. Most of my stake had gone and it wasn't worth trying to save any that was left. Just sat and hoped for a third goal which never game :(.

acg
1st February 2010, 12:33 PM
another hard day at trading

ron
1st February 2010, 02:08 PM
another hard day at trading

i am assuming that the API is no better?

how are the fulltime guys feeling, this is how they make to live

1/4 of a millionaire fund
1st February 2010, 02:50 PM
i am assuming that the API is no better?

how are the fulltime guys feeling, this is how they make to live

It's annoying but I guess most ft traders will just take it on the chin. Anyone doing this for a living and getting stressed out cos of a few days with the api being down isn't going to last long especially after all the abandoned meetings in January.

Scumbag trader
3rd February 2010, 11:04 AM
Here we go again :mad:

AlistairH
3rd February 2010, 11:25 AM
Pain in the proverbial! To think I gave up day's skiing in favour of this. I won't make that mistake again.

bazbaz
3rd February 2010, 12:48 PM
Just turned the PC on. I hope this is a joke!

jimrobo
3rd February 2010, 12:49 PM
just as they took the PC!! Nice!!! Seems to be up and working at the mo though.

Scumbag trader
3rd February 2010, 12:52 PM
yeah seems ok for now