PDA

View Full Version : Major bug? Incorrect figures and more

eightbo
15th December 2016, 12:16 PM
First evidence here in this thread (http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?14856-Australian-markets&p=134509)

Guys what's happening? Need feedback ASAP.

Things we know:
- incorrect hedging numbers, p&l completely different to when viewing market on betfair
- sound files repeating on loop when software thinks a bet has been matched
- Confirmed markets affected: AUS/UK/RSA horse racing markets

ran through @BetfairCS, BDP forum and similar software board - no any comments about that. Looks like the problem with GT itself?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Update 11:23 GMT - Issues appearing on twitter, Seems to be API related

After all it doesn't make sense for our software to change in function without any updates. Hopefully i can delete this thread within the hour if betfair confirm a fix

eightbo
15th December 2016, 12:34 PM
Update 11:31 GMT - Confirmed to be Geeks Toy specific issues by BetfairCS:
http://i.imgur.com/wd26SHO.png

Known affected versions:
1.4a

Bog
15th December 2016, 01:09 PM
I had same problem today and i fixed by uninstalling & deleting all folders and installing again GT. Save your profiles first before you uninstall. I use AGTPro_Betfair_1.4c. So far so good.

eightbo
15th December 2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info Bog. Will give this a go now.

EDIT:
1.4c Seems to be working

Make sure to save your programdata/ageekstoy folder and x86/the geek settings - betfair folder too guys

helplessone
15th December 2016, 01:18 PM
same problems here, totally disorder in agt behaviour, website seems to be ok.

Nikol
15th December 2016, 01:21 PM
What is going on with the geeks toy ? Something is very wrong. I have bad prices shown.

helplessone
15th December 2016, 01:23 PM
I placed bets and nothing was shown, lost some money because impossible to trade out then. it seems a total disorder in the toy.
please could anyone write an email to support@geekstoy.com?

Bog
15th December 2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info Bog. Will give this a go now.

EDIT:
1.4c Seems to be working

Make sure to save your programdata/ageekstoy folder and x86/the geek settings - betfair folder too guys

No problem. I hope it works for you. Mine started again to have errors :(. I think i will stop trading today

somewhere
15th December 2016, 01:30 PM
Bog's method dosn't work for me - uninstalled the GT, deleted all the folders, installed 1.4c. In result - the same issues. Be careful!

lcredd
15th December 2016, 01:32 PM
Major bug here too

SV84
15th December 2016, 01:34 PM
I think it is better not to use software until we get any answer from the Geek. I could not understand what was happening, i closed all the bets and few seconds later the software places my bets again.

helplessone
15th December 2016, 01:37 PM
I have also the sound-error that is described in the other thread: endless-sounds of bets being matched.
I dont understand the answer of betfair on twitter: why there is a provider of agt toy, why we are connected via an agt-toy-server to the api-betfair-server?
anyway: impossible to trade.

Bog
15th December 2016, 01:38 PM
Bog's method dosn't work for me - uninstalled the GT, deleted all the folders, installed 1.4c. In result - the same issues. Be careful!

Yes, I confirm. it worked for 3-4 markets and then started again with errors. and sound error also. i will stop trading until it's fixed

lcredd
15th December 2016, 01:42 PM
Installed 1.4c, no improvement

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 01:42 PM
Ok, your software has just cost me a F"£^&^$ fortune on the last at Exeter.... WTF is going on????????????

Nikol
15th December 2016, 01:45 PM
What is going on !? Installed 1.4c - No improvement!

somewhere
15th December 2016, 01:47 PM
very strange. when I place bets on GT, then hedge on website - website market page continues to display incorrect values! And it becames correct only after market became suspended after finish! madness

SV84
15th December 2016, 01:48 PM
The last race i did not use Hedge button, did not have that bug. Do you guys have this bug after the hedge button?

lcredd
Using £3 stakes, some bets are £3 and some are £1.16, £0.48, £1.22 ... then, at the end of the race, they all turn to £3. ?

eightbo
Yeah never mind can confirm further bugs

Software only currently useful for a good overview of what's happening in the market

I'd go out for the day or something, but it's raining here in Bristol/England... (Shocker!)

HF guys

eightbo
15th December 2016, 01:52 PM
can't determine the cause at all... :confused::confused:
Recommend just leaving it tbh

Nikol
15th December 2016, 01:53 PM
Hello. Is The Geek here ? Does he knows that there is problems with the toy ?

lcredd
15th December 2016, 01:54 PM
Any bets put into the market are correct: IE: If you bet £100 then you have a £100 bet, but the software is showing random numbers. When the market suspends the numbers switch back to the correct ones.

Keefter
15th December 2016, 01:57 PM
WTF!! how can it suddenly become like this over night? I was using it this morning fine. something major is wrong here, someone needs to take it offline ASAP

Nikol
15th December 2016, 02:00 PM
Where is the geek ???

zark7
15th December 2016, 02:01 PM
It seems the betplaced information returned from betfair is very delayed thus the hedge amounts are all screwed up. There seems to be the same problem on the betfair website, however I also use betangel and that seems ok for now.

rosebel
15th December 2016, 02:02 PM
wtf is this?

Gordstonia
15th December 2016, 02:03 PM
Same for me, looping 'place bet' sounds, can't close trades. Luckily realised and cashed out both times on BF website.

Not worth the risk using it today. And NO immediate support really doesn't help the matter!!

d70ejk
15th December 2016, 02:04 PM
It seems the betplaced information is very delayed thus the hedge amounts are all screwed up.

Yeah - this is a guess, but it looks like the software isn't getting updated info from the Betfair API. All bets get placed and matched, but they don't necessarily appear to be doing.

d70ejk
15th December 2016, 02:07 PM
http://www.geekstoy.com/Announcements/Warning.htm

Warning

We have had multiple reports of bets not showing in Geeks Toy today. We believe this is an issue with the feeds from Betfair, and are investigating with them. Please do NOT use the Betfair version of the software whilst you see this message as you may lose money!

lcredd
15th December 2016, 02:08 PM
Tramore worked ok, but Exeter was bad again.

eightbo
15th December 2016, 02:14 PM
Guys please check twitter the Geek is going off on one!

http://i.imgur.com/uRiQCkB.png

Hilarious scenes.

Mets
15th December 2016, 02:15 PM
Major problems for me too.

Main ones are:

- cancelled pre-race bets seemingly persisting in-running
- ladders centering themselves in-running so I'm clicking one price and the bet is going on at a completely different price
- Toy profit / liability amounts not aligning to Betfair PnL....dangerous if you believe what you're seeing and complacently move on to the next market!!

-£116 down here after 3 races! :confused:

First at Tramore was a legitimate -£25 loss that became -£40 in my P&L??

Second was a -£3 loss at Exeter that became -£17!!

Third -£58 loss at Towcester after exiting all pre-race trades for scratch before the off only to find bets on again after the off. The Toy showed a -£1k liability on the horse Drumviredy (after logging out and back in again during the race) but the website showed no liability...wasn't sure what to believe so had to cover my liability in a blind panic as they entered the final straight!!

Nikol
15th December 2016, 02:19 PM
Only for the Pros - DO NOT TRY THIS, UNLESS YOU ARE A PRO-TRADER - YOU SHOULD TRY NOT TO HEDGE. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE HEDGE. YOU SHOULD NOT CANCEL BETS ALSO. If you make only bets with the normal stakes, and then hedge manually trough the website (do not use CASH OUT BUTTON), by manually entering bets, it should be alright. I am trading atm, its hard but I am ok.
Again - only for the pros, if you are not a pro trade - do not trade at all, because you may lose a lot of money!

SV84
15th December 2016, 02:21 PM
Hi Mets,
It is better to take a day off untill everything will be okay with the software. I had very big luck to close the bet, because i could lose same as you in one race.

Nikol
15th December 2016, 02:23 PM
I think the problem may be with the betfair cash out option.

Caan Berry
15th December 2016, 02:25 PM
Typical Betfair.... 'seems to be ok our end' ***

I come in late from a bit of Christmas shopping to think something odd was going on with my balance. Fortunately I haven't been stung through it.... called the Geek but was already well aware. I'll be leaving it alone today.

***T&C's state nothing is our fault, ever, we're just here to take everyones money, commission, premium charges and then say there's nothing wrong when there may be. Ohh and if it is our fault, which it usually is, we just won't comment again...

Just like this -

https://twitter.com/qweeg1/status/778977861680128000
https://twitter.com/CaanBerryTrader/status/762665763060715520
https://twitter.com/CaanBerryTrader/status/782245231257321472

Still waiting on a reply! LOL

helplessone
15th December 2016, 02:29 PM
I confirm that the problems are also with the dogs-markets.

The other Geek
15th December 2016, 02:31 PM
Just finished speaking with Neil at betfair.

They said they did make a change to the API this morning, and are now rolling it back because there is something not right there end.

helplessone
15th December 2016, 02:32 PM

They said they did make a change to the API this morning, and are now rolling it back because there is something not right there end.

wow, again betfair, and again and again and ...
and our money? they take it and take it and ...

lcredd
15th December 2016, 02:36 PM
Just when you think they can't get any worse.

Caan Berry
15th December 2016, 02:37 PM
They are going to take responsibility.... so i can only assume that means giving everyone their money back

https://twitter.com/BetfairCS/status/809391646618124288

The other Geek
15th December 2016, 02:38 PM
From betfair

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3319

helplessone
15th December 2016, 02:39 PM
They are going to take responsibility.... so i can only assume that means giving everyone their money back

https://twitter.com/BetfairCS/status/809391646618124288

hi caan, would be the very first time, so I am sure they wont as easy as that.

The Geek
15th December 2016, 02:39 PM
Guys please check twitter the Geek is going off on one!

http://i.imgur.com/uRiQCkB.png

Hilarious scenes.

Tell me about it.

milivoje
15th December 2016, 02:41 PM
lost 200 pounds becouse of this shit, wtf

Mets
15th December 2016, 02:43 PM
So are we good to go again? I'm going to ring their customer services after the racing, this is bullshit.

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 02:44 PM
What about refunding our money? I paid a 3 figure sum yesterday in premium charges - they are quick enough to take that and today i get fked in the a55 for something that is THEIR FAULT. sick of this fk1n shit

Nikol
15th December 2016, 02:46 PM
What about refunding our money? I paid a 3 figure sum yesterday in premium charges - they are quick enough to take that and today i get fked in the a55 for something that is THEIR FAULT. sick of this fk1n shit

You should ask betfair by sending them e-mail. They may give it back to you. They 100% wont cancel markets...
However its ok again now!
BTW I've made some money. Hard work but managed to do it...

milivoje
15th December 2016, 02:49 PM
nikol how can we be shure that is working, becouse as i traded and it ****ed me for 200 for which i didnt even know

helplessone
15th December 2016, 02:49 PM
However its ok again now!

is it really turned back to normal?

cipfrias
15th December 2016, 02:50 PM
Like more of people here I lost 18% of my bankroll. If finally it´s Betfair issue they should refund all money than we lost. Incredible this things happen.

zark7
15th December 2016, 02:50 PM
Back to normal.

milivoje
15th December 2016, 02:53 PM
are you trading guys? all ok??

Nikol
15th December 2016, 02:55 PM
Its OK I confirm!

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 02:55 PM
Sent this email ( i suggest everybody that lost needs to email them)

I lost over £XXX today for a problem that is YOUR FAULT.

You did an update to the API this morning that has thrown Geeks toy api users into mayhem.

Yesterday i paid £XXX in premium charges - and this is how i get treated - updating software without obvious proper testing or notification???

I want that money back - your service is ATROCIOUS, your loyal users get treated with UTTER CONTEMPT.

I want that money i lost earlier today back - this is your fault and you need to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR UTTER INCOMPETENCE.

Caan Berry
15th December 2016, 02:56 PM
They can't afford to ... only worth 5 Billion or something LOL

Caan Berry
15th December 2016, 02:57 PM
Seriously guys your all better saying something on twitter. They know that not even half their audience will see it here. Hey ho... at least it's fixed... allegedly

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 02:58 PM
Can anybody apart from Nikol confirm this works

AnyGreenIsGood
15th December 2016, 02:59 PM
Just out of interest, I did a small play on 1.30 Exeter and it showed up correcly on the grid, but only a small part on the ladder.

Odd that grid and ladder should be different?

Good luck with your email Tinytuco. You should know by now that Betfair are NEVER wrong. It is always the customer who screwed up. :Devil

SV84
15th December 2016, 02:59 PM
I think Betfair wont pay you back the money, it is just impossible to check all traders who lost the money by their fault. Only if you email to them

Mets
15th December 2016, 03:05 PM
Seems ok again now. I'm keeping a copy of the market I'm trading open on Betfair though so I can cross-check the figures!

milivoje
15th December 2016, 03:09 PM
it warsk ok for now

milivoje
15th December 2016, 03:17 PM
Okay so what I can see is that these bets were placed and that if you are using an outside trader app then it has nothing to do with betfair, Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your money as these bets were placed by you.

They dont give a hist about us hehe :)

Morgans Choice
15th December 2016, 03:21 PM
Only a small loss for me, but as The Geek says that he is working with Betfair, rather than risk it, I'm going to hold off until he gives the "all clear"

milivoje
15th December 2016, 03:22 PM
Okay so what I can see is that these bets were placed and that if you are using an outside trader app then it has nothing to do with betfair, Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your money as these bets were placed by you

dev
15th December 2016, 03:28 PM
they are not refunding shit, don't be naive, it's impossible to check if you lost by accident or by bad trade. Its an annual **** up by Betfair, nothing surprising, glad I saw this announcement pretty quickly so ended up with just -100(thought I am +250)

kezhman
15th December 2016, 03:29 PM
Something weird is still going on with my account. They've added about 400$ to my account, like i won at Towcester 2-10, but couple minutes later they have taken money back. :cool:

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 03:35 PM
Bloody hell who's side are some of you people on?

Patterns on losing markets will be the same - There will be a way of knowing.

eightbo
15th December 2016, 03:36 PM
Something weird is still going on with my account. They've added about 400$ to my account, like i won at Towcester 2-10, but couple minutes later they have taken money back. :cool:

they are messing with us :eek:

I've DM'd them anyway. Awaiting a reponse.

tinytuco
15th December 2016, 03:42 PM
This isn't ok yet - My tick offset is missing bets, then they are appearing like 20 seconds later after i have manually entered.

use at own risk.

helplessone
15th December 2016, 03:48 PM
here everything fine, also tick-offset is working fine for me.

gta2003
15th December 2016, 05:15 PM
Lost £50, tried calling and contacting bf by Chat but wasting my time I think. Does this kind of thing happen more than once a year?

cipfrias
15th December 2016, 05:19 PM
Any chanche Geek you could interceed with Betfair (Neil) for your customers? I message theme anyway, but I think you have more power to do this. It´s not your responsability but could be nice if you can do it. I lost in one race more than one week of hard trading.

Thanks in advance,

Cristóbal

d70ejk
15th December 2016, 05:32 PM

And after being so quick to shoot their mouth off.

rosebel
15th December 2016, 05:35 PM
To prevent this kind of problems they should inform users when they do some changes on API. When they do it we check it before work with high values

The geeks, can you suggest this?

AnyGreenIsGood
15th December 2016, 05:52 PM
Any chanche Geek you could interceed with Betfair (Neil) for your customers? I message theme anyway, but I think you have more power to do this. It´s not your responsability but could be nice if you can do it. I lost in one race more than one week of hard trading.

Thanks in advance,

Cristóbal

The problem with Betfair being an exchange rather than a bookmaker is that you have lost, but they haven't won. Somebody else has your money, not Betfair.

Having been with Betfair for getting towards 15 years, I can tell you that they never say the fault is theirs. Issues like crashes, when you had money in the market, that you would quickly have hedged if the site hadn't crashed, used to be a more frequent problem than it is now, but even then, they would never offer any form of refund. (Although I always thought that was partly because the people employed on their helpdesk didn't understand the concept of trading themselves!)

Giving money back to customers doesn't pay the shareholders their dividends!!

cipfrias
15th December 2016, 06:01 PM
Thanks for your answer, I know what you are talking about. Like trader i am newbie, only one year, but in gambling I have more than 10 years since now. It´s first time this happen to me, that´s the reason I am so dissapoiting. Anyway I read in their Twitter a response of them to Caan that if the problem were of Betfair they will refund the money. I think we could do a little more that only accept this situation.

Thanks again.

Cheers

lcredd
16th December 2016, 09:06 AM
I think a refund of the first race traded, which cost me £40, is fair. Any trades I made after that I made at my own risk, knowing there was a problem.

Mets
16th December 2016, 08:24 PM
Just to update you guys...

I raised a support ticket (https://developer.betfair.com/support/) with Betfair yesterday regarding the problems I experienced with the API. I received a reply from Neil today who has refunded the losses that I can attribute to erratic API behaviour.

I'd advise putting together a respectful email (no ranting and raving!) stating the issues you experienced. It's also worthwhile stating what you've paid in PC charges and commission (if applicable) over the lifetime of your account as this may help your case.

To be fair, they did sort out the issues pretty quickly. Thanks to The Geek and his team for alerting Betfair to the problems and to those who queried the issue via Twitter (Caan - cheers buddy!).

eightbo
17th December 2016, 08:52 AM
Received an email from bdp/betfair at 19:05 GMT last night following my (brief) talks with BetfairCS via twitter.

They have extended their apologies and credited my account as a goodwill gesture for the majority of the losses incurred as a result of these issues. (full email here) (http://i.imgur.com/nXNH4pC.png)

Overall I am happily surprised and satisfied with this outcome.
Apologies to the Geek + their cohort for creating this thread. Hopefully some additional traffic was generated as a result, leading to some new subscribers.

ironmexx
17th December 2016, 08:58 AM
Yeah! I received the same e-mail from betfair aswell, am really surprised about this!

eightbo
17th December 2016, 12:32 PM
They've added the funds at 9.49 GMT and then removed them again at 11.03 GMT ...

Anyone else?? ironmexx or Mets?

lcredd
17th December 2016, 12:50 PM
I emailed them this morning so will see what happens. It's strange they've removed the funds, Eightbo? Any explanation as to why?

eightbo
17th December 2016, 01:09 PM
No. although this has become a right situation...

I included the funds along with my existing balance in a bet placed at 10.55 GMT, so when it got removed i was moved into negative balance and when i went to close my position at the post time of the race it wouldn't let me... :confused:

Sure enough my bet was a lay on a 1.35 selection in a short race and he's gone and won...

This is a shambles...

lcredd
17th December 2016, 01:26 PM
This is a shambles...
That's a polite way of saying it.

tinytuco
17th December 2016, 02:09 PM
For all the naysayers and doubters - Calling me "naive" (yeah right) yes i have a full refund of my losses also.

And no it isn't a shambles - they said it would be in my account within 48 hours and it is - wait the 48 hours it will be there - if not enquire.

eightbo
17th December 2016, 02:12 PM
And no it isn't a shambles - they said it would be in my account within 48 hours and it is - wait the 48 hours it will be there - if not enquire.

i just mean my specific situation of going into negative balance by not being patient and waiting the 48 hours is a shambles. incurred a decent loss as a result oops. Still satisfied with the way betfair handled it

Mets
17th December 2016, 02:43 PM
They've added the funds at 9.49 GMT and then removed them again at 11.03 GMT ...

It went in, out, then back in again about an hour ago!

ironmexx
18th December 2016, 11:44 AM

I received my money yesterday!

Morgans Choice
18th December 2016, 04:59 PM
I wrote to them but no joy here, I expect that it's just the luck of the draw

cipfrias
19th December 2016, 04:43 AM
I wrote them an email a few days ago and they response me that the problem was with The Toy and no of them. Incredible that they refund the money to some customers and to others not. Very dissapointed with these chiefs. 18% of my bankroll to the task. Really incredible all this situation.

The Geek
23rd December 2016, 05:58 PM
For anyone who has received a negative response from Betfair on this, unfortunately the left hand sometimes doesn't know what the right is doing.

Reply back to them and ask them to route your query to Neil Thomas in the BDP team.