PDA

View Full Version : API Lagging badly

acg
30th January 2010, 11:15 AM
Anyone else or is only me?

rockaren
30th January 2010, 11:20 AM
It's NOT only you ;)

There are another threads about API issues, like this one...

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448

Thailandia
30th January 2010, 11:20 AM
For me too. Looks like the api has been down several times during the night. Was reading at Betfair forum.

acg
30th January 2010, 11:21 AM
ah sry rockaren didnt saw

armarni
30th January 2010, 11:21 AM
Mine is all over the place. Phantom money coming in and out of the market all the time.

acg
30th January 2010, 11:28 AM
seems better now maybe

rockaren
30th January 2010, 11:32 AM
ah sry rockaren didnt saw

no problem mate, just want to let you know you are not alone :D

kawasaki
30th January 2010, 12:59 PM
need make sticky on forum, special for api errorrs:D

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 01:08 PM
its a nightmare today. I'm getting api errors all over the place. on show prices complete it is showing all sorts of strange price information. I recomend using hybrid if you usually have it on complete.

Is there anything in the bdp area about his weeks api problems? there is obviously a major problem somewhere?

neeeel
30th January 2010, 01:24 PM
Ive never seen the toy as slow as this, even when other ppl are having problems the ping usually stays around 40-60. Today its jumping between 250-450, and often going into the display for missing packets. The good thing about the toy tho, is that it is still possible to trade even in these conditions, there is only a small delay in bet submissions, and in display updates. When i was using BD it was untradeable in these conditions. Must be some pretty nifty code in there :)
I dont know wether to continue trading, as theres a good chance of the API going down.

jibiko
30th January 2010, 01:27 PM
random 1 sec delays
connected to Betfair International

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 01:34 PM
its so frustrating! 3 weeks of pretty much no racing and the first week of some decent racing and betfair go's tits up majorly. I saw the weather forecast showing snow for next wek too. no doubt the api will be back working ok bt haf the racing cancelled

jibiko
30th January 2010, 01:35 PM
where do the pc and com money are going?
do we have the right to know, as long as we are the ones paying them?

doubleback
30th January 2010, 01:38 PM
I have had back bets sitting there with say around 200 in the que, then i could see a lay order come in for +1000 and i still didn't get matched!!! The price is jumping up and down 5 ticks at a time, i am staying out for the time being.

I see Blagger is about to fire up Bet Devil!

Mickey Pearce
30th January 2010, 01:41 PM
I have had back bets sitting there with say around 200 in the que, then i could see a lay order come in for +1000 and i still didn't get matched!!! The price is jumping up and down 5 ticks at a time, i am staying out for the time being.

I see Blagger is about to fire up Bet Devil!

Maybe someone should ask him why he does not fire up TT and try that. :);)

Krzysztof
30th January 2010, 01:42 PM
BA is doing really OK especially in mode "1" now. No price jumping at all.

jibiko
30th January 2010, 01:42 PM
next step is to try TT

Krzysztof
30th January 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm running the toy and it's hopeless at the moment.

jimrobo

Are you using complete mode? try changing it to hybrid. Prices are a lot more stable

jibiko
it seems better know

connected to malta

ron
30th January 2010, 01:47 PM
I'm running the toy and it's hopeless at the moment.

Its not the Toy its betfairs API, It will get worse come 3.00 o'clock when the football traders commence business.

jibiko
30th January 2010, 01:50 PM
how much % of pc n com money goes
to technical department
servers, etc...?

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 01:56 PM
seems to have suddenly got better for me??

jibiko
30th January 2010, 01:57 PM
stable for da last minutes

Krzysztof
30th January 2010, 01:59 PM
Its not the Toy its betfairs API, It will get worse come 3.00 o'clock when the football traders commence business.

I know that's the API, but I see these false betfair data in TT much more often than today only. You can see it within one tick movement in a normal day as well. In BD I've never had it. It's really annoying if You don't know that what You see is real.

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 02:01 PM
its becaue the price jumping around like that is related to one api call that ba doesn't use. If you switch TT to hybrid ode it ues the same call sytem as BD and you won't see the jumping around. t also won't be as fast at updating the prices out of the top 3

doubleback
30th January 2010, 02:05 PM
Are you using complete mode? try changing it to hybrid. Prices are a lot more stable

Just tried hybrid, it seems more stable, still freezing here and there.

Maybe someone should ask him why he does not fire up TT and try that. :);)

We all know he has had a little go on it sneekily when no one was watching! I am shocked he called it Bet Devil and not Bet Devil on his other halves website, looks like it isn't just the API that has got issues!!

jibiko
30th January 2010, 02:05 PM
every job has a union
dis job needs one too
too many questions need to be answered in a official written way

jibiko
30th January 2010, 02:08 PM
vote for traders union

president peewee
vice-president bladger

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ikydu.jpg

Krzysztof
30th January 2010, 02:08 PM
jimrobo - how to switch on hybrid mode in TT. Sorry if it was already answered.

jibiko
30th January 2010, 02:12 PM
right click on an open market title bar
options
price display

jibiko
30th January 2010, 02:13 PM
another candidate

http://i50.tinypic.com/im4fx0.jpg

attheraces
30th January 2010, 02:53 PM
I know that's the API, but I see these false betfair data in TT much more often than today only. You can see it within one tick movement in a normal day as well. In BD I've never had it. It's really annoying if You don't know that what You see is real.

Could not agree more,i have been having problems mentioned above of sticky 4-5 tick movements both ways since the API first went down this week,but because no one else had posted problems since i think Tuesday(when we were told that things had been sorted by Betfair)i then thought it was maybe my internet connection,so i took my brand new laptop over to a friends who has 50 MB virgin broadband and still had the same problems(not as bad as early in the week but bad enough :( even after switching to hybrid mode) so knew my connection was ok,so could not figure out why i seemed to be alone with the issues.
All comments welcome :)

Regards

jibiko
30th January 2010, 02:58 PM
can you confirm if you have this problems in hybrid? I think, I don't (connected in Malta also).

attheraces
30th January 2010, 03:06 PM
can you confirm if you have this problems in hybrid? I think, I don't (connected in Malta also).

Yes mate,switched to hybrid-complete windows reinstall-connected to 50 MB connection-all line tests were grade A. :( i even went as far as downloading a free weeks trial of another vendor :rolleyes: to compare the responses figures,which did not seem as bad as mine )

Regards

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 03:07 PM
I don't have that problem in hybrid but beware virgin 50Mb though.

I have virgin 50Mb and for some reason it is very erratic. If I do a speedtest it shows 50Mb however when I fire up any trading app to betfair ore often than not it shows all sorts of dodgy pings and lost packets I have no idea why. Most of the time I use my 7Mb adsl over my 50Mb cable because the cable onnectionis al over the place. I cn only assume it is a poblem with the virgin network. I once tried to get to the bottom of it with virgin tchnical support on the newsgroups but virgin just kept on blaming betfair and betfair kept on blaming virgin. No idea where the problem lies but there is definately some sort of problem between betfair and virgin. It doesn't happen everyday though probably 3 days a week it is like that and 4 days it s fine.

jibiko
30th January 2010, 03:17 PM
i can confirm than in hybrid on 2Mb adsl with 100-140ms, connected to Malta,
its stable n fast for me (except before in day, for the last hour ok again)

attheraces
30th January 2010, 03:19 PM
I don't have that problem in hybrid but beware virgin 50Mb though.

I have virgin 50Mb and for some reason it is very erratic. If I do a speedtest it shows 50Mb however when I fire up any trading app to betfair ore often than not it shows all sorts of dodgy pings and lost packets I have no idea why. Most of the time I use my 7Mb adsl over my 50Mb cable because the cable onnectionis al over the place. I cn only assume it is a poblem with the virgin network. I once tried to get to the bottom of it with virgin tchnical support on the newsgroups but virgin just kept on blaming betfair and betfair kept on blaming virgin. No idea where the problem lies but there is definately some sort of problem between betfair and virgin. It doesn't happen everyday though probably 3 days a week it is like that and 4 days it s fine.

Did several tests and all came back grade A,no lost packets and a ping averaging 18 (my BR broadband was also showing Grade B results but still had all the problems)

Regards

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 03:25 PM
yes thats right I use all the speedtest sites with my 50Mb virgin and it always comes back with grade A on speedtest. Thats not the problem! There seems to be a problem within the virgin network connecting to betfair at least 3 days a week. Even when the speedtest.net shows a grade A connection and pingtest.net shows the same I still get massive variance and lost packets to betfair on TT/betdevil or any of the other trading apps. Others have also posted the same on a virgin thread on another trading forum so I know it isn't just me.

The Joker
30th January 2010, 03:49 PM
yes thats right I use all the speedtest sites with my 50Mb virgin and it always comes back with grade A on speedtest. Thats not the problem! There seems to be a problem within the virgin network connecting to betfair at least 3 days a week. Even when the speedtest.net shows a grade A connection and pingtest.net shows the same I still get massive variance and lost packets to betfair on TT/betdevil or any of the other trading apps. Others have also posted the same on a virgin thread on another trading forum so I know it isn't just me.

Give me a second and Ill call Branson and complain :D Still if there is a problem with Virgin its a good call ! Also I though BF were parked on the Virgin fibre optic backbone (or what ever its called?) :rolleyes:

jimrobo
30th January 2010, 04:29 PM
yes I think the main isp out of betfairs datacentre is cable and wireless. It seems to be some sort of internal problem though that virgn have to betfair. WhenI started trying to get to the bottom of it betfar were genuinely having issues themselves so I was just batted off by virgin tech support. Since then though I have had the same issues and seen a lot of people posting the same regarding Virgin. I don't even bothr anymore I just switch to my other connection There's nothing more frustrating than pressng the submit button nd having to wait 3 seconds for your order to go through. You've either missed the boat or someone has hoovered your stak and you are already facing a decent red

The Joker
30th January 2010, 08:34 PM
Hmmm well its gonna be one of those wait and see issues by the looks of it! Thanks man for the heads up though I had heard nothing of this untill this thread so I guess I'm gonna have to take a look at an ADSL connection more bloody $$$$$$$$

Anyway Cheers JR and happy trading !:D

rockaren
31st January 2010, 12:03 AM
Yes...why I am not surprised ?

Betfair is currently unavailable. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please check our dedicated service site http://service.betfair.info for more information about this downtime.

again and again and again...

rockaren
31st January 2010, 12:06 AM
What is really funny (?) is fact that on their website they say this....

There are currently no reported problems with any Betfair sites.

Are they idiots or do they believe we are idiots ?

jibiko
31st January 2010, 12:07 AM
how about they are smart and they know we are idiots?

rockaren
31st January 2010, 12:08 AM
how about they are smart and they know we are idiots?

thats fair .....but anyway i can not see how they make money while site is unavailable :eek:

jibiko
31st January 2010, 12:12 AM
maybe they are using a trader's tactic also:
minimize da loss maximize da green

rockaren
31st January 2010, 12:18 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/9kp45y.jpg

I believe Betfair stuff should clear their heads not only cache.....

The Geek
31st January 2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497 :rolleyes:

The Joker
1st February 2010, 08:31 PM
Virgin have for some time now been targeting the larger downloaders that use its services torrents etc. A service that was previously unlimited, a feature that appealed to many!

I am wondering, if virgins traffic management system and its drive to rid its service of the larger down-loaders is causing some of the strife?
regular calls to the same destination bursts of regular data from PC to server must raise some issues with their system? I myself have had to switch to using a seedbox for torrent traffic as I found that after an hour or so even without exceeding the dload limits my account ended up being restricted!

I get the feeling that I will at some point be parting ways with virgin, I have been a customer for some 12 years now and while the service wasn't perfect before it regularly won best ISP, but the latest round of service tinkering which I think is also aimed at users of Iplayer etc. is also playing havoc if unintentionally with more important user activities !

Just a thought

Shergar :rolleyes:

nigelbleddfa
1st February 2010, 08:41 PM
If you would like a new ISP consider using Zen Internet. Not cheap but superb service and technical help.

The Joker
1st February 2010, 09:07 PM
If you would like a new ISP consider using Zen Internet. Not cheap but superb service and technical help.

Thanks I'll take a look problem for me is the phone lines round here have'nt been upgraded since gods dog roamed the earth! so for reliability and speed DSL was the way to go but if Virgin are gonna play silly buggers with BF or their traffic shaping/ management policy is in any way affecting my ability to profit other than my own ineptness then hey Adio's amigo!

Hmm just took a look at zen 30 for 50 gig prolly not a short priced fave for me that's only 10 .mkv films but thanks for the recommendation...

Shergar