PDA

View Full Version : Possible Dumb Question - Throttling API and Bet Placement

The Real Moaner
28th January 2010, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to double check something - if I throttle the API to make it so that the market practically never refreshes, will there be any delay in bet placement?

Torrezno
28th January 2010, 10:14 PM
Im not sure if I get you... If it never refreshes or if it does is very slow, how can you know which odds to take? You might be out of the market

The Geek
28th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Just wanted to double check something - if I throttle the API to make it so that the market practically never refreshes, will there be any delay in bet placement?

Shouldn't be.

Quo
28th January 2010, 10:30 PM

As our Great Helmsman just said, it shouldn't make a difference in bet placement.
I have 'Max. weighted calls/sec' limited to 7, since I am running automated strats using another API app together when trading manual with TT.

I don't see any difference regarding speed in bet placement, still lightning fast as we are used to.

The Real Moaner
28th January 2010, 10:32 PM
Im not sure if I get you... If it never refreshes or if it does is very slow, how can you know which odds to take? You might be out of the market

I will be having multiple versions of the same market up. ;)

Won't need them all to refresh like lightning!

The Real Moaner
28th January 2010, 10:32 PM
Cheers Geek and Quo.

The Joker
29th January 2010, 11:23 AM
I will be having multiple versions of the same market up. ;)

Won't need them all to refresh like lightning!

is it not possible to throttle / share refreshes evenly amongst the multiple (if you know what I mean??)