PDA

View Full Version : Live video not working

d70ejk
10th October 2016, 05:22 PM
The live video window isn't working for me this afternoon. It launches in a new window but constantly has the loading wheel spinning round. I've restarted but to no avail.

Live video from the Betfair site is working fine, but sometimes (especially horse racing oddly) I prefer the Geeks video system.

pinhead
10th October 2016, 06:26 PM
same for me live feed not working but working fine off betfair website

The other Geek
10th October 2016, 07:57 PM
Can you both confirm that you can view live video from the betfair website using internet explorer, and not any other type of web browser.

The software uses IE for web page stuff

d70ejk
10th October 2016, 08:25 PM
I'm using Chrome from Betfair.

However, I've just tried IE from the Betfair website and that is also working.

pinhead
11th October 2016, 01:49 PM
yes its working through every browser on betfairt site but wont load up any live video through geeks ??? help plz

lcredd
11th October 2016, 02:19 PM
Not loading here either. It worked fine Sunday afternoon, I don't know about yesterday, but nothing is loading today - no footie, tennis, horse racing. Just the loading circle going round and round. It loads fine through Betfair (although it won't let me change the buffer time.) I'm using IE.

rosebel
11th October 2016, 02:30 PM
I have the same problem

The other Geek
11th October 2016, 02:33 PM
Well something changed for it to break for everyone.

And seeing as the software has not changed, chances are something else has changed to break it.

The other Geek
11th October 2016, 02:36 PM
Can everyone try clearing their IE browser cache. Betfair have had an expired certificate issue this weekend, and they have just fixed it, but have asked for users to clear their browser cache.

Maybe this is related, as it has happened at the same time.

lcredd
11th October 2016, 02:47 PM
Cleared cache but it hasn't fixed the problem.

The other Geek
11th October 2016, 02:50 PM
Have you had any windows updates recently that might have caused this.

Everything works here for me

lcredd
11th October 2016, 02:59 PM
No - only updates over the last week were 'definition updates for Microsoft security essentials.' I've just tried on my laptop which uses Chrome and it has the same problem. :confused:

The other Geek
11th October 2016, 03:04 PM
Chrome is of no use to us in this as it is not used by the Toy.

The toy uses IE, min version 11.

Maybe the 'definition updates for Microsoft security essentials.' are the cause?

rosebel
11th October 2016, 03:13 PM
I didn't any update

lcredd
11th October 2016, 03:29 PM
I did a scan and it said I needed to update Flash player, unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. I will try to do a rollback on MSE.

lcredd
11th October 2016, 04:21 PM
Eureka!

I have reluctantly updated GT to 1.4c from 1.3n, and live video is now loading. But, I still can't change the buffer speed but this is the same as BF site.

The other Geek
11th October 2016, 04:41 PM
Betfair must have changed something regarding the video feed then.

The only difference between 1.4 and 1.3 regarding video is the .Net framework

d70ejk
11th October 2016, 05:00 PM
I've deleted my IE cache and still not working.

d70ejk
11th October 2016, 05:05 PM
Not loading here either. It worked fine Sunday afternoon, I don't know about yesterday, but nothing is loading today - no footie, tennis, horse racing. Just the loading circle going round and round. It loads fine through Betfair (although it won't let me change the buffer time.) I'm using IE.

If it helps, mine worked on Monday morning, but when I got home on late Monday afternoon, it wasn't working. So if it's anything Betfair did, it was on Monday itself.

lcredd
11th October 2016, 05:18 PM
What version of Geeks Toy are you running?

d70ejk
11th October 2016, 05:24 PM
What version of Geeks Toy are you running?

1.3n

lcredd
11th October 2016, 05:25 PM
Updating to 1.4c solved the problem for me.

rosebel
11th October 2016, 06:28 PM
But it's a beta version. Someone know the solution for version 1.3n?

lcredd
11th October 2016, 07:33 PM
I'm still trying. My laptop had 1.3n and chrome and live video didn't work. I updated to 1.4c and LV still didn't work. I installed IE11 and LV worked. I then reverted back to 1.3n but LV stopped working again.

As for the buffer speed; If I log in to BF using Chrome I can change the buffer speed and video quality; If I log in using IE I cannot change buffer speed and video quality.

Kodiac
11th October 2016, 10:15 PM
Not working for me last two days, assumed it was because ive switched to using a windows laptop with less ram than my old Imac paralells setup. Geeks seems to load much more slowly on this pc and the ladders pause for longer before opening, which must be bacsue the laptop is only an i3 - unless anyone else has been having any other issues?

lcredd
12th October 2016, 09:51 AM
I've spoken to Betfair about the buffer issue and they said there's nothing I can do, and, 'We always recommend using Chrome as it's the most compatible with our site.'

The other Geek
12th October 2016, 11:53 AM
I have been in touch with bdp about this.

It is very strange.

version 1.3 does not display live video for me. it just spins forever

version 1.4 does display live video for me

Using Internet Explorer 11, I browse to https://www.betfair.com/exchange/tennis, and live video does not work there either! It just spins forever.

Using Internet Explorer 11, I browse to https://livevideo.betfair.com/, and live video works on this page!

Can others try the two urls using IE ONLY and see if they get the same results as me?

old geezer
12th October 2016, 12:03 PM
My version of AGT is 1.3n
I have just tried the two urls : I get exactly the same results as you.
I only use IE11.
Problem occurred sometime on Monday.

The other Geek
12th October 2016, 12:10 PM
I have just had a phone call with BDP, and they can now recreate this as well.

SO, seeing as we are getting this behaviour on the betfair website, and it only started recently, I am putting this down to a betfair issue.

ALEXOWEN89
12th October 2016, 06:25 PM
I have also had the same issue since Monday, out of curiosity I have just tried to watch a race at Keeneland and it works with no issues.

ingers
12th October 2016, 08:57 PM

Hi Support,

I am having the same problem, how do we resolve this please??

Regards

Mike

The other Geek
13th October 2016, 07:42 AM
"We" cannot do anything at the moment. We have to wait for betfair and hope they can fix it.

ingers
13th October 2016, 09:02 AM
Eureka!

I have reluctantly updated GT to 1.4c from 1.3n, and live video is now loading. But, I still can't change the buffer speed but this is the same as BF site.

Could you please explain what you have done, much appreciated.

Mike

lcredd
13th October 2016, 09:33 AM
Could you please explain what you have done, much appreciated.

Mike

I installed Geek's Toy version 1.4c, this should make the video load as long as you're using Internet Explorer 11.

I have also had the same issue since Monday, out of curiosity I have just tried to watch a race at Keeneland and it works with no issues.

Yeah, I noticed the other night that US racing loads fine on 1.3n with Chrome. :confused::confused:

d70ejk
13th October 2016, 11:34 AM

It is very strange.

Using Internet Explorer 11, I browse to https://www.betfair.com/exchange/tennis, and live video does not work there either! It just spins forever.

Using Internet Explorer 11, I browse to https://livevideo.betfair.com/, and live video works on this page!

Can others try the two urls using IE ONLY and see if they get the same results as me?

Yep. Same problem here.

Simoba
13th October 2016, 04:15 PM
Yep. Same problem here.

Hi Guys...same problem here. When I click on the live video screen under market and API status it has no tloaded for 2 days now, just spins and spins. Works fine through Betfair video though via their website.

ingers
14th October 2016, 05:47 PM
Video still not working, any update please??

The other Geek
14th October 2016, 05:56 PM
We are all still waiting for betfair.

makeley
14th October 2016, 06:05 PM
We are all still waiting for betfair.

ainda não esta funcionando nem por aquele link do IE?

ingers
14th October 2016, 10:04 PM
Is the problem definitely at their end and presumably you have a handle on the situation to ensure the problem, whatever it is, is resolved?

The other Geek
15th October 2016, 07:12 AM
Lets look at what we know then....

Video that has been working for ages in the software stops working one week for everyone using 1.3 versions.

Video on the betfair website ALSO stops working for everyone AT THE SAME TIME (using IE - https://www.betfair.com/exchange/tennis)

I personally spoke with Neil at BDP, and he raised a ticket at betfair for this.

SO yes, the reason the video stopped working was something at betfair.

ingers
15th October 2016, 10:04 AM
I'm still trying. My laptop had 1.3n and chrome and live video didn't work. I updated to 1.4c and LV still didn't work. I installed IE11 and LV worked. I then reverted back to 1.3n but LV stopped working again.

As for the buffer speed; If I log in to BF using Chrome I can change the buffer speed and video quality; If I log in using IE I cannot change buffer speed and video quality.

How do you update please I seem to be on 1.3n?

The other Geek
15th October 2016, 11:42 AM
http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?12960-Betfair-New-beta-1-4a-released

rosebel
21st October 2016, 01:44 PM
wtf? 10 days and doesn't have solution?

The other Geek
21st October 2016, 02:17 PM
I did chase Betfair up on the 18th, and this was the response then.....

"The issue has been raised with the front end web development team as they guys who look after live video believe the issue is being caused by the way the app has been embedded.

I've chased the team for an update today and will let you know when I have further information. "

And that was the last I heard from them.

I would suggest if you need live video in the software, then do not wait for betfair to possibly fix this or not. You would be best to use the 1.4a version.

Simoba
21st October 2016, 03:15 PM
wtf? 10 days and doesn't have solution?

Same here, I downloaded 1.4a as suggested and it works in that.

rosebel
24th October 2016, 07:25 PM
1.4a is a beta version. I didn't buy a beta version, can't understand this delay to solve the issue

Simoba
24th October 2016, 07:38 PM
1.4a is a beta version. I didn't buy a beta version, can't understand this delay to solve the issue

I totaly agree, I just got fed up of waiting for this to get resolved by Betfair. I just have to use the video feed from Betfair website, as I still cannot access it from the Geeks Toy either. It is very frustrating, but such is life.

Guybrush13
26th October 2016, 04:38 PM
Have Betfair provided any further update? It's getting extremely frustrating at the mo.

The other Geek
27th October 2016, 09:37 AM
Have heard nothing. Checking the betfair website this morning with IE11, shows that they have the problem on their website still.

Either they do not know how to fix it, or they dont care to fix it.

d70ejk
6th November 2016, 06:19 PM
I presume Betfair have no intention of fixing this?

Just like everything else.

AnyGreenIsGood
6th November 2016, 10:03 PM
I just logged on to this forum to see if there was anything about the video problem - as I've had it for weeks.

I see I am not alone. Just to add my details to the mix, I'm on 1.3n and like others have said earlier in this thread, it works fine on USA racing, but only the spinning circle for UK racing. You even get the message about the bet size being too small (if it is) but any stake over the limit just fails to open. I recently built myself a new desktop PC and I loaded GT onto that (also 1.3n) and it works super fast, but still fails on video.

I really can't get my head around the fact that it works on US racing? Does that somehow use a different system? I know it does to some degree, because you can get the video to stream without any stake on the race, but I can't see how that could stop it from working on UK races.

ingers
7th November 2016, 12:23 PM
Nope only thing that seems to work is just open it from a separate tab directly from the Betfair site, a bit of inconvenience but it will give you the video. Only other option if you want to open it through the software is reluctantly switch software provider. There seems to be a permanent problem and I have stopped trying to find out who actually can put the issue right.

DarkHorse
7th November 2016, 01:41 PM
Nope only thing that seems to work is just open it from a separate tab directly from the Betfair site, a bit of inconvenience but it will give you the video. Only other option if you want to open it through the software is reluctantly switch software provider. There seems to be a permanent problem and I have stopped trying to find out who actually can put the issue right.

Other software providers are not having the same problem?

ingers
7th November 2016, 02:25 PM
I know one that isn't mail me on mikeingham@aol.com, can't put on here as not right as other software providers are competitors of course.

leboss974
10th November 2016, 12:39 PM
hello

i have a the same problem

The live video betfair not work .

I have a version the geek toy 1.3n
how to do ?

thank you very much to answer me

ingers
14th November 2016, 08:42 AM
hello

i have a the same problem

The live video betfair not work .

I have a version the geek toy 1.3n
how to do ?

Mine is working now, for some reason, lol

KIRK_777
17th November 2016, 03:18 PM
Has anyone fixed the problem? I have 1.3n version and spinning circle

ingers
17th November 2016, 08:49 PM
Mine has started working.

pedcos
18th November 2016, 08:56 PM
Mine does not work in tennis, football and uk horse racing but in the USA horse racing works fine...How can I solve this? help please...

betfair wont solve the problem because it works fine on there site. The geeks should use other browser flashes without being IE ... it should be possible to use chorme or firefox

KIRK_777
19th November 2016, 09:37 AM
Please do something about it... really getting annoying

The other Geek
19th November 2016, 04:14 PM

It is very strange.

I just checked the above, and it is STILL a problem with betfair. It is obvious they are not bothered to fix it their side.

If you want video in the software, you will need to upgrade to 1.4a

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?12960-Betfair-New-beta-1-4a-released

rosebel
21st November 2016, 02:43 AM
are you waiting for what? do some pressure on betfair to fix it.
isn't a free software, do something for your customers

lcredd
21st November 2016, 12:13 PM
are you waiting for what? do some pressure on betfair to fix it.
isn't a free software, do something for your customers

Just use 1.4a.

rosebel
22nd November 2016, 04:07 PM
Just use 1.4a.

i'll not work with beta

Kikos
22nd November 2016, 06:24 PM
В 1.4а тоже видео не работает,пишет "видео загружается подождите",но так и не загружается.И еще,при запуске программы появляется окно с сообщением:Ошибка в документе xml(0,0).Может это как то связано между собой.

pedcos
27th November 2016, 08:39 PM
if the beta 1.4 works and de 1.3 dont work then the problem is the software not a betfair problem

Kikos
3rd December 2016, 07:09 AM
Когда начнет работать видео в программе?Долго еще ждать?

somewhere
3rd December 2016, 07:06 PM
Kikos, у меня в бете видео появилось,все как раньше стало. ошибка в хмл тоже есть при старте, так что не в ней дело. попробуй старую снести полностью

Kikos
5th December 2016, 04:26 AM
Somewhere,удалил старую версию.Установил новую бету,но все равно пишет:видео загружается,подождите.

leboss974
19th December 2016, 12:44 PM
hello

the problem live video is resolved on the geek toy 1.3n ?

is very very tiresome.
what the last version geek toy reliable please ?

lcredd
20th December 2016, 08:21 AM
I've had no issues with 1.4c

Bundy
25th December 2016, 12:47 PM
If the Live video is working in 1.4c why doesn't the Geek release that version as an update, it's a pain in the arse using Betfair live video when you don't have enough screen space. 3 months this is on-going.

Bundy
7th January 2017, 12:07 PM
Is there any update on this issue...?

leboss974
11th January 2017, 07:40 AM
hello
download the geek toy 1.4 C for have a live video but the version is beta :(

the live video 1.3n not work since 4 months :confused: