PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Soundbytes

Starsky
25th January 2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,

First of all let me say great toy and many thanks for making it freely available.

Secondly, if I have posted in the wrong place, or am repeating an issue previously submitted (I did have a look first), then apologies, etc.

Now the problem...

After downloading, installing and running the toy I was suddenly bombarded with various sound-bytes that appear to be Simpsons based and are very loud, e.g. Bart shouting "You LOSER!".

They start up everytime I run the Toy, so... Assuming this is not an isolated incident, and assuming it is not a design feature, please advise how to get rid...

Thanks in anticipation,
Starsky

ron
25th January 2010, 02:17 PM
Hi,

First of all let me say great toy and many thanks for making it freely available.

Secondly, if I have posted in the wrong place, or am repeating an issue previously submitted (I did have a look first), then apologies, etc.

Now the problem...

After downloading, installing and running the toy I was suddenly bombarded with various sound-bytes that appear to be Simpsons based and are very loud, e.g. Bart shouting "You LOSER!".

They start up everytime I run the Toy, so... Assuming this is not an isolated incident, and assuming it is not a design feature, please advise how to get rid...

Thanks in anticipation,
Starsky

there are controls for changing to an audio file that you want or to just turn them off, from the top of the task bar right or left click cannot recall will open up a drop down list with various settings are including audio, other than that click the question mark and open the help file, it will be in there sorry for being vague i dont have the Toy on this PC.

The Geek
25th January 2010, 02:24 PM
e.g. Bart shouting "You LOSER!".

It's "Sucker" not loser, and it plays when a market goes in play. A little reminder from me not to let your trades go in play. ;)

Right click the main info bar header & select "Audio Alerts Manager". You can turn them off / change them from there.

Starsky
25th January 2010, 02:31 PM
Doh!!! I stand corrected...

In that case, excellent idea! Thanks (both) for the fix and timely response.

attheraces
1st February 2010, 07:05 PM
Please help me Geek :confused:
I recently had to download the latest version but on setting everything up(again:D) i cannot turn off the audio alerts,at the moment all are switched off (the green "go" is showing,the alerts are shaded red,the drop down menus are greyed out and the test button is not showing)but even after saving current profile i am getting all the alerts on each market,what am i doing wrong please?
Also when i look in the soundscheme xml all are showing enabled.

Regards

nigelbleddfa
1st February 2010, 07:17 PM
Please help me Geek :confused:
I recently had to download the latest version but on setting everything up(again:D) i cannot turn off the audio alerts,at the moment all are switched off (the green "go" is showing,the alerts are shaded red,the drop down menus are greyed out and the test button is not showing)but even after saving current profile i am getting all the alerts on each market,what am i doing wrong please?
Also when i look in the soundscheme xml all are showing enabled.

Regards

How many profiles have you got ? Have you altered one but are actually using another ? Just a thought.

attheraces
1st February 2010, 07:30 PM
How many profiles have you got ? Have you altered one but are actually using another ? Just a thought.
I thought about that and have deleted the original profile (only ever had 1 ) and saved a new one.

Regards

nigelbleddfa
1st February 2010, 07:39 PM
I thought about that and have deleted the original profile (only ever had 1 ) and saved a new one.

Regards

I'm a big kid really and have my own sounds. Drives the family daft - I have a fire siren, a ship's whistle, a cellphone, Macauley Caulkin saying "hello", Tom Hanks saying " Houston we have a problem", and Haley Osment saying " I see dead people".
I am hoping for lots of sirens tonight :D

Cran
1st February 2010, 08:12 PM
I use star trek photon torpedo sound for 3, 2 and 1 minutes then red alert sound for 30 secs and 15 secs

doubleback
1st February 2010, 08:27 PM
For 30 seconds to In-Play, i use the Countdown (http://www.zshare.net/audio/720043214404e756/) music.

For 60 seconds to In-Play and SUSPENDED, i use Attention (http://www.zshare.net/audio/720044884bb33377/), it says "Attention", in a robotic voice.

rockaren
1st February 2010, 08:30 PM
soundbytes are there to save your life mate :D

The Joker
1st February 2010, 08:34 PM
I use Bat angels soundbites I find Peter Webb's voice oddly soothing! :D

Now that's Just wrong!!!!!!!!!! :D

10 seconds remaining ---10 seconds remaining ! hmmmm sleeeeeep!:eek:

doubleback
1st February 2010, 08:36 PM
soundbytes are there to save your life mate :D

Maybe one that goes something like "Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes , 'click of fingers', YOUR UNDER, now get the funk out of that trade...."

RBTZAONSzyw

The Geek
1st February 2010, 08:39 PM

Regards

ATR. Turn the sounds off. Then shut down, then restart. Does it cure the it? Also are you still getting the colour scheme bug when switching profiles?

attheraces
1st February 2010, 09:00 PM
ATR. Turn the sounds off. Then shut down, then restart. Does it cure the it? Also are you still getting the colour scheme bug when switching profiles?

Turned sounds off,saved the current profile and shut down and restarted,looking in the soundscheme xml they are still enabled :(,and yes i am still getting the colour scheme bug, on initially opening the only colour that is not saved is the ladder price column,so i load the current profile to overcome it.

Regards

Edit:just heard "sucker" :( as the second half started.

Geek,can i physically delete the sounds that i do not wish to hear from the soundschemes xml document,if so can you give me an idiots guide as to how?