PDA

View Full Version : Changed stake on hedging

BigAl
16th January 2010, 05:16 PM
Hi,

I am new to trading and this forum, and am confused on stakes in hedging. If I lay a score in football correct score market, when a goal is scored the price goes to 1000. The green figure is say 4.95 based on a 5 stake. If I press the green figure to hedge and release my bank to trade again the bet confirmation shows back 0.05 at 1000.

When I accept this the bet is matched at 2 at 1000, taking 2 off my profit.

Can anyone help with this please.

Thanks

nigelbleddfa
16th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Hi,

I am new to trading and this forum, and am confused on stakes in hedging. If I lay a score in football correct score market, when a goal is scored the price goes to 1000. The green figure is say 4.95 based on a 5 stake. If I press the green figure to hedge and release my bank to trade again the bet confirmation shows back 0.05 at 1000.

Thanks

If the price goes to 1000 it means that your bet is a losing bet and you cannot hedge and you lose your stake.

jibiko
16th January 2010, 05:25 PM
you are using below minimum stakes, I think?
If so then this will happen to you.
It's part of the process that is used to put in the market orders
that are below minimum Betfair's stake.

Someone who knows better english than me will explain this process after,
I hope. :)

doubleback
16th January 2010, 05:39 PM
This shows how to use below minimum stakes on BF:

nk_J8ry2iKw

If you lay first then back, when you are using below minimum stakes, part of the process on TT is to submit a bet that has no chance of getting matched as in the video and that is submitting a bet at odds of 1000, that is what happened but as the odds were already at 1000, you got matched.

Emkayracing
16th January 2010, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Thanks

In order to place below 'Minimum' stakes, you have to place three separate bets;

2 @ 1000

The stake in question @ 1000

The first 2 then normally gets cancelled, leaving your 'Under 2' stake in the queue to be matched. The odds are then adjusted to the current / required price and the 'Queued bet' is matched.

Your question about a lay bet becoming an impossible score (Therefore a winner) is not clear but I can see what is happening. The system is trying to back / back / change odds as per the above but of course the odds are already at 1000 and so the first 2 is getting matched.

I cannot see why you would want to release funds from an active market in this way unless account funds / available funds are an issue. :cool:

BigAl
16th January 2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the response. If I lay 0 0, when a goal is scored the price goes to 1000, but i have my retained profit. What I am trying to do is get the bank released to use it again. Thus backing at 1000 with very small stakes would do this.

But it would seem that TT calculates that I need to back 5p, but the betfair min being 2, the stake is altered.

So if I lay 0 0 and a goal id scored in 3 mins, I need to wait till the market is settled to gain the use of the portion of my bank attached to this game.

Confused...

Thanks again

Emkayracing
16th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the response. If I lay 0 0, when a goal is scored the price goes to 1000, but i have my retained profit. What I am trying to do is get the bank released to use it again. Thus backing at 1000 with very small stakes would do this.

But it would seem that TT calculates that I need to back 5p, but the betfair min being 2, the stake is altered.

So if I lay 0 0 and a goal id scored in 3 mins, I need to wait till the market is settled to gain the use of the portion of my bank attached to this game.

Confused...

Thanks again

I see what you are saying, the problem is that the way around minimum odds only works when the back @ 1000 does not get matched. People can (& do) back at 1000 to free up funds on 'Winning' lay bets but of course the stakes in question are significantly higher.

BigAl
16th January 2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks to all, very speedy and good advice, especially the video.

Cheers

1/4 of a millionaire fund
16th January 2010, 05:52 PM

Confused...

Thanks again

The software has to place that initial bet of 2 @ 1000 before it can alter the amounts to 5p, all that's happening is your 2 bet is getting matched as there's already odds of 1000 on the site. If you really need to access those funds by placing a losing bet probably best you do it at the same time as laying the 0-0 when there no chance of the 1000 being matched whilst adjusting the stakes

doubleback
16th January 2010, 05:55 PM

Only if you use below minimum stakes to close the trade, otherwise you will be o.k.

The key point is, when using below minimum stakes, submit a bet that wont get matched and then to change that bet to below min. stakes, if you want to close a bet using below min. stakes do it manually but don't use odds of 1000 to submit the bet, go lower, hope that makes sense!!

Emkayracing
16th January 2010, 06:00 PM
Only if you use below minimum stakes to close the trade, otherwise you will be o.k.

The key point is, when using below minimum stakes, submit a bet that wont get matched and then to change that bet to below min. stakes, if you want to close a bet using minimum stakes do it manually but don't use odds of 1000 to submit the bet, go lower, hope that makes sense!!

i.e. Back 2 @ 300

Back 5p @ 300

Cancel 2 request

Move 5p upto 1000 and re-submit

:cool: