PDA

View Full Version : TT not showing matched bets as matched

jimmy
12th January 2010, 02:02 PM
Is anyone else having this problem? TT is showing no bets matched yet the bets are matches and you have no idea what your possition is.It happened to me in the 1.50 but I hit refresh and noticed that the bets were matched,I was lucky getting out for a 16 quid loss but it could have been a nightmare.This usualy happens to me at least one race a day.Does anybody else have this problem, and if so how do you fix it?

nigelbleddfa
12th January 2010, 02:05 PM
Is anyone else having this problem? TT is showing no bets matched yet the bets are matches and you have no idea what your possition is.This usualy happens to me at least one race a day.Does anybody else have this problem, and if so how do you fix it?

I know of other software which has had similar problems and it seems that the Geek's software is not the cause. Others have said that the fault lies with Betfair and this seems to be likely.

jimmy
12th January 2010, 02:17 PM
Has it not happened to you?

nigelbleddfa
12th January 2010, 02:23 PM
Has it not happened to you?

No, but my "trading" has been restricted to football only and I do not place as many bets as I would if I was trading horses pre-race. So, I have had far fewer opportunities to have unmatched bets. I have to say that my bets have all appeared to be matched in the normal delay period I would expect and my hedging as all worked well.

jimmy
12th January 2010, 02:32 PM
Its deffinately not the isp because the prices are moving up and down the ladder,so the connection is fine.What are your reasons for believing the issue is with betfair and Do you know of anyone else talking about the same problem?

nigelbleddfa
12th January 2010, 02:42 PM
Its deffinately not the isp because the prices are moving up and down the ladder,so the connection is fine.What are your reasons for believing the issue is with betfair and Do you know of anyone else talking about the same problem?

Yes, others are having problems but not me. The problem almost certainly lies with the Betfair API. The Geek is the man who knows about all this sort of stuff and he will answer you better than me. I don't think it's anything to do with your ISP though.
I have just checked and there is an alert on another forum which seems to point the blame at Betfair.

jimrobo
12th January 2010, 03:01 PM
I've not seen this happen to me recently?? The only time I've seen it in the past is when I am having connection problems and I haven't had the response from betair and I'd forgotten I had clicked through an order and all of a sudden it shows it has been matched and I didn't know whee it had come from. Its the same on all applications. Easy to know if that is your problem though as the response times will be sporadically flashing red and telling you you have connection issues.

Anonymous
12th January 2010, 03:42 PM
Are you sure that the API call has just not returned - each call returns different information so the odds and amounts on the ladders could be moving fine and your bets not refreshing if that call has not been returned. Keep an eye on the response times and number of outstanding calls - that is most likely the cause which unfortunately is down to Betfair. What you could do though is increase the MPc on the API settings manager from 2 which may help out.

The Geek
12th January 2010, 06:43 PM
What country are you located in jimmy?

jimmy
12th January 2010, 06:45 PM
Belfast uk.

The Geek
12th January 2010, 06:48 PM
Wow, that was faster than me on a good day.

When you say "I hit refresh" are you talking on TT or the Betfair website?

jimmy
12th January 2010, 07:08 PM
on The Toy.

The Geek
12th January 2010, 07:14 PM
You are not suspending / stopping the API at all are you?

jimmy
12th January 2010, 08:18 PM
No but ive just seen this on another site.

13:40 hrs--We have noticed some issues with the Betfair API. Please proceed with caution until the API seems to be working correctly again. :D

The Geek
12th January 2010, 08:26 PM
That may explain todays.

You said this is happening once a day though, which does concern me a little.

Post on here the next time it happens & I will take a look at your error logs to see if there is anything unexpected in there. This may just be down to connection issues, but I will double check anyway.

jimmy
13th January 2010, 10:52 AM
ok mate cheers.

The Geek
13th January 2010, 11:20 AM
FYI I checked with Betfair yesterday, part of their answer was...

"We received one report of 'sluggish' API performance between 1:30pm and 13:50pm yesterday but we couldn't establish a specific cause of this from our end."

So it is possible that caused it. We shall just have to see.

jimmy
13th January 2010, 12:38 PM
First race of today geek first bet placed about 12.34 did not show as matched.I backed again at same price asuming it was matched and it was.

The Geek
13th January 2010, 01:09 PM
You will find an Error log in ...

WIN XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AGeeksToy\AGeeksToy\

Vista & WIN 7: C:\ProgramData\AGeeksToy\AGeeksToy\

If you can mail it to me I will take a look. I will PM you my email address.