PDA

View Full Version : Grid Interface not opening correctly

Pelikan
21st September 2015, 04:07 PM
I've looked around but haven't found any signs of this bug. I use Windows 8.1. Three days ago I upgraded to the 1.3o version for Betfair, as I had been using coupons constantly before Betfair (thank you!) made them disappear. In the 3 years or so since using the Toy I have never encountered any serious bugs (never tried betas). Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about this version. It is borderline unusable.

Here are my problems:

Grid Interface not opening correctly - by far the biggest issue. It is hard to describe but easy to understand if you look at the images below. Usually after starting the program it works properly but after opening and closing a few markets it just randomly stops working. The following happens: I open a market by clicking on it in the Market Navigator or on one of the coupons and it doesn't pop up as expected but I can see in the Main Info Bar and under Market & API Status tab that the market got in fact opened. By right clicking on the Main Info Bar and selecting Show Grid the market appears but incorrectly. After this, if there is no markets open, every time I open one, it is displayed like that. If there is one broken market like that open, the second one opens correctly. So basically if I want to view a whole market, first I have to open a market and then the one I want to have a look at, otherwise it's all messed up.

Here's a real life example.

I select 15:40 Kempton Park 1m2f Mdn Stks, it opens like this:

Leaving this one open, I open 15:50 Hamilton 6f Hcap as well, this one is displayed correctly:

But if I open Hamilton first, it's broken again:
Leaving Hamilton open, I select Kempton, voila, it's working:
http://i.imgur.com/ypreUt2.png

Same happens with football:

Bigger images here: http://imgur.com/a/BNRtu

In Play football coupon - finished matches aren't removed from the coupon as they used to be, this way at the end of the day I have to scroll down to the bottom to find the matches currently underway

I think it is easy to see how bad this is. If I want to open a market, first I have to open another, so that it is displayed correctly. This makes using the Toy a lot slower.

There are some other minor problems but the first one is the main one and I would go back to the old version but I might hang on for a day or two if you need any other info.

The other Geek
22nd September 2015, 07:44 AM
Your grid issue is the same issue reported here ( I think )

http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?12740-Betfair-API-NG-Version-1-3o

The finished matches in the coupons, I will look at. But for now, try closing the coupon, and refresh from betfair.

Please report the minor bugs before we do a new beta

Pelikan
22nd September 2015, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'd seen that but I wasn't sure it was the same issue. There is no workaround then?

Other minor bugs: the only one that comes to mind right now is that when the In-play football coupon is open sometimes I get an error message "The underlying connection was closed" or something similar as if there was no internet connection but I can still open markets as usual. If I click on the error message the coupon gets closed.

The other Geek
22nd September 2015, 10:44 AM
This issue is fixed for the next beta. We have been waiting to see if anything else big turns up before we release it.

What refresh rate are you using for your coupons? That message is suggesting that an API request is getting dropped by betfair.

The other Geek
22nd September 2015, 11:41 AM
regarding your "The underlying connection was closed" messages.

Can you send a pm or an email to support with the days/times these happened.

I have an open ticket with betfair regarding dropped connections from several days ago. They confirmed there was an issue, and were investigating. They did say there was a recurrence again this morning. Obviously they do not have a handle on it yet.

Pelikan
22nd September 2015, 07:00 PM
Well I wouldn't be surprised to find out they haven't managed to solve it (or do anything about it...). Let's put it this way: this isn't their biggest strength. It happens fairly regularly though, every hour or two or so, so several times a day. I use the default settings, i.e. 5 seconds. Never had any issues with this until recently, that's why I thought it might have something to do with the new version. I will let them know then.

Pelikan
22nd September 2015, 11:49 PM
It's not a bug but another problem: football coupons are ordered by starting date but the matches with the same date are not ordered alphabetically. This would be important because sometimes there are a ton of matches going off at the same time and it's hard to find one without the games being ordered. And this shouldn't be hard to implement. Are these currently random?

Pelikan
21st November 2015, 04:06 PM
What about this bug? It's been two months and I don't see any new versions, not even a beta. It's really annoying, don't you want to do something about it?