PDA

View Full Version : delayed bets

pdk46a
7th January 2010, 10:39 PM
when trading the horses my bet appears instantly but when im trading tennis there is a 5 second wait is this the norm or can i do something about this, as i would like my money to be put into the market instantly

thx

The Geek
7th January 2010, 10:56 PM
Betfair impose a bet submission delay on all In-Play markets. No software can circumvent this.

Mike_IG
7th January 2010, 11:26 PM
when trading the horses my bet appears instantly but when im trading tennis there is a 5 second wait is this the norm or can i do something about this, as i would like my money to be put into the market instantly

thx

As The Geek says (but in a little more detail) everything has a submission delay when it's inplay but not everything has the same time delay, UK horses for instance is 1sec, most of the other UK stuff like football is 5 I believe, I'm pretty sure when I've traded on the Spanish footy it's been 8 seconds.

Ted
8th January 2010, 09:24 AM
I recently asked BF helpline why soccer delay times vary, they said if its a high volume turn over match, in ie Spain/italy takes about twice as long to process than say a modest turnover Championship/Div1 game in London

pdk46a
8th January 2010, 10:58 AM
thx for the info guys

Torrezno
8th January 2010, 07:13 PM
Not so long ago it was possible in Spain to hear the goal on the radio (digital tv has more delay)and if you were quick you had enough time to back or lay at the pre-goal odds.

Betfair noticed someone took advantage and increased delay from 5 to 8 seconds.