PDA

View Full Version : Use of tools question.

gwassell
26th December 2009, 05:19 PM
I've looked at the tools help menu but need further help.

I trade by placing the lay bet first and using the Full Tick Offset to automatically place the back bet for the same stake and then click the Hedge box to equalise profit, i.e I use the Stake setting.

My question is, if instead of laying to a fixed value stake,I want to lay for the whole value of my bank, say 500 would I put 500 in both the lay and back bet boxes with the setting on Liability for both boxes? and also would the Full Tick Offset still automatically place the back bet for the correct amount on each bet, having in mind that with several trades running at the same time the stake value would be different for each bet?

Many thanks to anyone who can help and a very happy Christmas and a prosperous trading New Year to everyone. :):)

gwassell
27th December 2009, 03:58 PM
OK, I've sorted it out, I've tried it out trading live using the above settings and for anyone who is interested it does fully work exactly as I queried. ;)

Quo
27th December 2009, 04:19 PM
Well done, 'gwassel', I guess trying stuff out with small stakes, or even below minimum, is imho the best way to find how things work.

It won't hurt the bank, and you can observe what exactly is happening in real time.

Thanks for reporting back!

Anonymous
27th December 2009, 04:21 PM
...and you often find out a few extra things along the way. When testing things I just put on Confirm Bets and it acts as an extra safety.

gwassell
28th December 2009, 11:37 AM
Well done, 'gwassel', I guess trying stuff out with small stakes, or even below minimum, is imho the best way to find how things work.

It won't hurt the bank, and you can observe what exactly is happening in real time.

Thanks for reporting back!

Thanks Quo, When I asked the question it was about using my whole bank and I didn't want to practice using my whole bank - it didn't occur to me initially that I could still run the test exactly the same using small amounts - I'm not usually that slow, perhaps Christmas excesses have made me sluggish.:)